Horseshoe fisheries

Azzbo

Just thought id comment on horseshoe. I went the other day and caught the best fighting carp ive ever had. I had 7 in 4 hour and each one fought like a beast, but wen u finally get them in there only about 7lb, brilliant fishing tho.

The venue is spot on, very well run. However the bait bans are abit strict e.g no sweetcorn, luncheon meat, boilies etc but i used a single worm and did ok.

If someone is after something to get the reel screaming id would try here. Ive heard its stocked wi 20lb + grass carp aswel, if they are out like rest of fish in there good luck getting one in lol

It's not far from aston ponds. If you have a look on Google maps its on forge road. Horseshoe Int open on mondays, to let fish have a rest after weekend. Mi grandad fished it other day n had 10lb line snapped on pole.

• 1 month later...

is it the one with the strange owner who talks down to everyone ? went to have a look once with a view to fishing but got an arsey reception from the owner, didnt bother wasting hard earned cash there. its tucked away in a cul-de-sac if i recall?

ended up at norwood and loved it!

is it the one with the strange owner who talks down to everyone ? went to have a look once with a view to fishing but got an arsey reception from the owner, didnt bother wasting hard earned cash there. its tucked away in a cul-de-sac if i recall?

ended up at norwood and loved it!

That's exactly what happened to us when we fancied a trip there, I thought he was just having a bad day but won't be returning.

Only difference we fished KJS at Aston & now I fish there 2 or 3 times a week now that is a well run fishery stuffed with fish.

yea he must put people off. i just asked if i could have a look round (was in shirt/tie having gone straight there from work to size it up for next morning) ,and he said no we get too many vandals and idiots walking round so no chance! i explained i might come back next day and just wanted to check it out and he said tough.

sod him, norwood or KJS every time now! looks a nice venue tbh but you dont need treating like ****, i dont know many paying venues where the owner is deliberately rude to newcomers on purpose lol!