How accurate is ASKMID

Just checked my car insurance on ASKMID and it says I am not on the insurance database. My car was purchased about 2 weeks ago and I phoned to get the insurance swapped over but it appears not to have gone through.

My car never appeared for the whole of last year, despite frequent requests to my insurance company.

On the other hand, i passed plenty of ANPR vans, Police cars and was never stopped once.

I'm sorry to have to tell you, AJ, you no longer exist.

Computers are wonderful things. Unfortunately, the people responsible for entering the data aren't too sharp.

Many of them are about as sharp as the average Mars Bar.

Story of my life :|

Just checked my car insurance on ASKMID and it says I am not on the insurance database. My car was purchased about 2 weeks ago and I phoned to get the insurance swapped over but it appears not to have gone through.

Two weeks is long enough, i put my vehicles on the mid via a citrix access platform program provided by my insurer and it usually takes a couple of days to appear on askmid.

If your car is not on the mid the coppers will take it off you and charge you to get it back even if it is proven you had insurance.

Just to add I'm sure insurers have up to 14 days to put it on the mid.

Two weeks is long enough, i put my vehicles on the mid via a citrix access platform program provided by my insurer and it usually takes a couple of days to appear on askmid.

If your car is not on the mid the coppers will take it off you and charge you to get it back even if it is proven you had insurance.

So what would you do mafya ?

So what would you do mafya ?

Get in touch with your insurer asap and if you have any documentation to prove you have insurance even if it has your old car's registration on it carry it with you when driving as it looks better than having nothing.

Archived