S&P downgrades US debt to AA+

It can't be that serious. If it was, our 'leaders' - you know, the ones who got us into this mess - wouldn't all be on holiday and would be straight back behind their desks to sort it out.

The system is buggered. We've been fed the myth of 'free market economics' when it's all been a cosy cartel run by, and for the benefit of, a few.

We've had absolutely no say in this, but it's our pensions and savings that will suffer.

Might as well just hand over your ATM card, there going to get to it anyhow.

No need to give them your PIN number either, I'm sure they already have those on file

Might as well just hand over your ATM card, there going to get to it anyhow.

No need to give them your PIN number either, I'm sure they already have those on file

popps, you better think about coming home..I've got a spare room you can have :hihi: KK

The ones that don't know what they're talking about, don't get publicity and everyone ignores their ratings.

Moody's and S&P are two of the most highly regarded, based on years of experience. Their past record is evidence they know what they're doing.

Of course, a glittering past record doesn't mean they are incapable of error; and Moody's still have the USA rated as triple A, although they have attached a "negative outlook" to that rating.

Haha, you haven't got a clue have you?

Highly regarded

Know what they're doing

Glittering past

Where have you got this nonsense from?

China is now chastising the US for spending too much money on defence, they also think that another downgrade is inevitable. Interestingly they also call for the printing of US dollars to be supervised internationally and repeated China's contention that a new global reserve currency might be needed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14430598

China is now chastising the US for spending too much money on defence, they also think that another downgrade is inevitable. Interestingly they also call for the printing of US dollars to be supervised internationally and repeated China's contention that a new global reserve currency might be needed.

Another bitter pill for the USA to swallow, the implied power shift is becoming more palpable by the day. Though you can't blame the Chinese for being concerned given that they are invested over $1 trillion into the states.

Another bitter pill for the USA to swallow, the implied power shift is becoming more palpable by the day. Though you can't blame the Chinese for being concerned given that they are invested over $1 trillion into the states.

I think that China's issue is twofold. Firstly they need the US to purchase the goods that they produce so they need the US population confident enough to spend their hard earned dollars. I believe this is the reason they've been cradling the US economy with their investment.

Secondly I think that China will use this to weaken the US militarily, making it easier for their to achieve it's ambition to become a major player on the world stage.

Archived