Tiling / Electrical Advice Needed

We have a tiled wall in the kitchen which we like and want to keep but...

it has three twin sockets on it and the tiles have been cut around them so they are almost flush with the tiles and it looks crap. Can anyone suggest what i can do ?. I have tried the plastic finger plates to fit behind but the tiles are uneven in places and it doesnt look quite right. Can you buy a twin socket that is a bit bigger than the standard size and if so would they screw to the existing boxes ?.I have checked the web but all i can find is how to tile them properly. Thank you in advance.

If you take the socket off the wall you should, if very careful be able to use some tile grout all the way round the hole making it slightly smaller, it may need some sanding after it's dried or you could use a sharp scraper just before it sets fully.

Then when you refit the socket it will just appear to have a grout line around it as if it were a tile, you may find that you need some longer screws to refit the socket.

Good luck.

Archived