Dancing With A Pig!

old tup

As I was posting my blog about the M1 incident I was reminded of something that happened to me later as a hgv driver.I was on a night out after delivering in the London area,at the days end I made it up the M40 to the Cherwell Valley services before I ran out of driving time.The lorry park there is massive but I had to park as far away from the others as my trailer was a freezer and the fridge motor was noisy,a sore point with other truckers!.No sooner was I parked well away from them all than a foreign rig parked beside me and started jabbering at me in his language,Polish I think.I thought he wanted me to turn the fridge off so I told him to bugger off,he started pointing to the back of his trailer,curious I followed him,he opened up and pointed up the front,it was full of half pig carcasses hanging from the roof all bar one on the floor.He gesticulated that he wanted me to pick it up and rehang it,he was a shortarse and couldn,t reach,so in I went and tried to pick it up,it weighed as much as me next thing I tried to reach the hook and was inches short,I started to rotate a bit staggering all over the place waltzing round it only needed music,all this time he,s giving instructions in the end we got it on the hook!.Dancing with half a pig what an end to the day!:confused::hihi::D

Archived