Convertible car

Hi, ive got a saab 93, i love it, the roof is electric as are all the windows, leather seats etc, cost us about a grand, its a "p" reg, my husband is a mechanic but as of yet hasnt had to do much to it to keep it on the road.

Only draw back with it is its only a 4 seater and I have 4 kids, but we also have a 7 seater so i swap if i need the bigger car. I love having the roof off weather permitting, but its equally as nice to drive with the roof up, not at all draughty or anything, avoid mr2 etc though they are tiny x

We have an MGTF - wouldn't own any other sports car tbh.

We put a heated screen in the soft top -so fine for all weathers although we do have a hard top,but that just makes it look look all the other tin box with a roof that comes off.

I drive ours in light spits and spots of rain - tbh unless you are static it's barely noticeable.

I've had my TVR for over 5 years now. It's been out in all sorts of weather (including snow!).

Providing you can keep up 30mph or so there's no need to worry about the rain.

Although it's not the best on fuel economy it puts a smile on my face everytime I use it, plus the insurance is cheap.

I've done all the work on the car myself (wishbones, springs, dampers, servicing, etc).

All in all it's probably cost me £500 in upgrades / repairs, and is still worth what I paid for it 5 years ago.

If I'd bought an MX5 or MGF / TF the deprecation over the last 5 years would have been more then my fuel bill.

h

I have an SLK Mercedes. I love the tin top that folds away in 20 seconds. The major draw back is space. Strictly 2 seats and with the roof folded away there isn't great access to the luggage space. It has air-con, but who needs it. If its warm enough for the air-con the roof is off anyhow.

I've had 4 seat convertibles in the past but the rear seats have been a joke. So unless you have a small dog that you want to transport around on the back seat you may as well buy a 2 seater.

Its a great car to drive but it is totally crap in the snow.

Hi, ive got a saab 93, i love it, the roof is electric as are all the windows, leather seats etc, cost us about a grand, its a "p" reg, my husband is a mechanic but as of yet hasnt had to do much to it to keep it on the road.

Only draw back with it is its only a 4 seater and I have 4 kids, but we also have a 7 seater so i swap if i need the bigger car. I love having the roof off weather permitting, but its equally as nice to drive with the roof up, not at all draughty or anything, avoid mr2 etc though they are tiny x

I drove Saab 93 convertibles for years, they have to be the best looking and well built soft top of that type by a mile.(main dealer service history is VITAL! the engine doesn't like novice servicing)

Through the winter they are warm and quiet too.

All convertibles wobble though when the top is off. Other than that no different to a normal car.

Archived