Tesco - evil and destructive.

Something in the paper today, regarding Tesco power.

Tesco are sueing the OFT because of a £10 million fine dating back to 2001 regarding cheese price fixing.

Apparently, the fine was a lot bigger but of course they got a legal team on it and won the appeal.

So in other words, they've appealed, dragged the process out and will probably get away without paying this smaller fine too.

Something in the paper today, regarding Tesco power.

Tesco are sueing the OFT because of a £10 million fine dating back to 2001 regarding cheese price fixing.

Apparently, the fine was a lot bigger but of course they got a legal team on it and won the appeal.

So in other words, they've appealed, dragged the process out and will probably get away without paying this smaller fine too.

this scandal deserves a name, how about "cheese-grate"?

Tesco:

a. is not 'evil' [how can a non-animate entity be 'evil', anyway, as it lacks sentience?]; nor

b. is it 'destructive'; but

c. it is so large that its size stultifies competition and drives-out smaller traders.

Which is a really crappy title for a thread.

I would work for them if I could, but I just missed the last recruitment drive at Infirmary Road one.

Tempted to apply to the new one on Saville St but applications aren't open yet.

Tesco are evil. Not long after they built one near me I had a flyer "shop at tesco". I didnt want to so I didn't. You can imagine my surprise when my door was kicked in by three masked men threatening me if I didn't shop at tesco they'd burn my house down. So scared I started shopping there.

This, of course, is rhubarb. Small shop closing ? Shout at your friends and neighbours who don't go there anymore not the supermarket. I say this as someone who used to work in a small shop which closed.

Whew! All this fuss over a few bags of Basmati Rice!!!

Tempted to apply to the new one on Saville St but applications aren't open yet.

Hopefully they never will.

The Saville Street store is probably the worst location for a Tesco yet. In order to build that monstrosity they have blocked off an entire end of Carlisle st., thereby depriving a large number of businesses along the street of easy car, taxi, bus and HGV access; everything from steel firms to a Lebanese food wholesaler, a Community Church, a food factory and even a nightclub are affected by this. Will these businesses get any rates reduction or compensation for the chaos, and what will happen to the smaller food shops on the Wicker when that T**** opens??

The Council REALLY need to rethink this store immediately, CANCEL the planning application, and turn the halfbuilt wreck disfiguring the corner of Carlisle ST and Spital Hill into low-cost community and business units to benefit ALL the community.

No wonder people in some inner-city areas, such as in Bristol are so 'over' with the likes of T****!

Archived