Manchester airport 4.99 for a bacon sarnie

They know they can charge you whatever they like because you can't just go over the road and get it cheaper elsewhere. Either pay their prices or go without.

it's not all that difficult to bring your own food. Plenty of times I've tucked into a round of sarnies prepared in Sheffield while waiting for a connection in Abu Dhabi or similar. Airport food is nearly always expensive everywhere.

exceptions can sometimes be found in airports where the cafeteria the airport workers use to buy and eat their food are open to the public. These can be quite difficult to find and are never signposted.

You can get a sandwich, drink, and crisps on a Boot's meal deal in the airport though, probably about the same price

Exactly thats the way to do it.

I never buy food or drink on planes or at airport "cafes" as it is usually dreadfull and overpriced.

Like you say pick up some sarnies at boots or similar cheaper and usually healthier too!

total rip off! why? why do they have to be so greedy? why has everything gone up when people are getting less? doesnt make sence! money! root of all evil!

maybe if you knew the overheads they have to pay you would understand the pricing!:rolleyes: why a rip off, high rent, rates at the airport, staffing etc etc i am guessing you are self employed as a joiner and as such you have overheads which dictate your prices?? maybe a few of your customers think your prices are a rip off, i am sure they are not but some may think so!

Shameful, but it's the way of the world sadly. My girlfriend and I have bought tickets to go to Bestival on the Isle of Wight next month, and when I came to book the car ferry across from Southampton it turns out they have basically trebled the normal price for the days either side of the festival, because they know they can get away with it.

Wait till you get to the actual festival!

Most festivals now its £4 a pint, £2.50 a bottle of water, £3.50 a portion of chips and £6-8 a burger (without the chips). I spent £300 at Sonisphere, and didn't actually buy that much!!

It's the same mentality as motorway service stations - no competition so they've got you over a barrel. They know they can charge you whatever they like because you can't just go over the road and get it cheaper elsewhere. Either pay their prices or go without.

Shameful, but it's the way of the world sadly. My girlfriend and I have bought tickets to go to Bestival on the Isle of Wight next month, and when I came to book the car ferry across from Southampton it turns out they have basically trebled the normal price for the days either side of the festival, because they know they can get away with it.

Hope you enjoy the Bestival Smithster. I know exactly what you mean about the ferry fares I have to put up with the ever increasing prices all year round! Also, when we do have the festivals its not just the ferry prices that increase also the supermarkets put their prices up too! We now have Cowes week and, guess what?, the prices in the supermarkets in Cowes have all gone up. This happens every time there is some event on the island - the same happened with the IOW Festival. The same will happen with the Bestival. It's just something we "islanders" have to live with.

When we had the IOW Festival I noticed that the Travelodge in Newport were charging £120 PER NIGHT for a room during that weekend!! Now that is a defnite rip-off but I expect some idiot paid that price!

Archived