Manchester airport 4.99 for a bacon sarnie

You can't take a bottle of water through in an airport. Security my um nose.

Yeah, was at Manchester airport the other week, they took my can of Relentless off me at airport security and then I has to pay £2.50 for a 500ml bottle of coke :shocked:.

Wait till you get to the actual festival!

Most festivals now its £4 a pint, £2.50 a bottle of water, £3.50 a portion of chips and £6-8 a burger (without the chips). I spent £300 at Sonisphere, and didn't actually buy that much!!

My wife and I always sneak the inner bladder from a box of wine into the arena each day, it's a good amount and it lasts the day well. It also means that we don't have to worry about queueing.

My wife and I always sneak the inner bladder from a box of wine into the arena each day, it's a good amount and it lasts the day well. It also means that we don't have to worry about queueing.

good idea will remember that one:D

don't bring anything like a potato salad, or a curry with rice, or even a cold pasta dish. I know it sounds ludicrous, but they could think it's a bomb. Anything that looks like a liquid meal, is suspect. Dry lettuce based type salads, with bits of cheese or chicken or seafood or whatever in them are OK and you could bring like a triangle of Brie Cheese (not bulky to pack, but filling, and nutritious when you eat it). Pay £1.50 for a piece of Brie in your local Brit supermarket, and that will sort out your hunger pangs during the 3 hour airport stopover. You can also share cheese easily in a group and it's eaten by hand.

Hope you enjoy the Bestival Smithster. I know exactly what you mean about the ferry fares I have to put up with the ever increasing prices all year round! Also, when we do have the festivals its not just the ferry prices that increase also the supermarkets put their prices up too! We now have Cowes week and, guess what?, the prices in the supermarkets in Cowes have all gone up. This happens every time there is some event on the island - the same happened with the IOW Festival. The same will happen with the Bestival. It's just something we "islanders" have to live with.

When we had the IOW Festival I noticed that the Travelodge in Newport were charging £120 PER NIGHT for a room during that weekend!! Now that is a defnite rip-off but I expect some idiot paid that price!

Supply and demand. Businesses have been doing it for years. Its hardly something to complain about. Just be happy you have the festival that brings some trade, money and tourists over to the island.

Archived