Told to pull my hood down

The other day I got caught in that massive downpour as i just locked the car, so hood up and jog to the Argos entrance of Meadowhall. Two steps inside the shopping center and im grabbed by a (mall cop) and he shouts at me to remove my hood. Now im almost fifty and the only person that speaks to me like that is my dad ( or was )

So i say to this guy 'take your hands off me and give me a chance to get through the bloody door':rant:

Does he?:rant:

No.:rant:

He gets on the radio to ask for help with an abusive customer!!:rant:

I remove his chubby paw off my arm and pull my hood down. Wipe my wet face. Then in a very angry manner ask him what he is playing at?:rant:

As we all know face covering is not allowed in meadowhall, but give a person a chance in a downpour to get inside before grabbing them!:rant:

His backup never arrived, he just stood there without further comment. I headed for my destination.:rant:

Thanks feel better for that rant:thumbsup:

Sounds like the one who had a go at my daughter about a year or so ago.

Same thing, a hood but she was only 6 at the time and the hood was part of a fancy dress she was wearing.

Out of earshot of my daughter i told him to ****off, grow up and try again for the specals cos hes wasted at meadowhall.

He sort of went all sheepish after that and wadled off to harrass someone else.

What an idiot:roll:

I recognise that there is a need for a little understanding and tact, but unfortunately the totalitarian approach is one of the downsides of making rules which were actually intended to make people feel more comfortable.

People don't appreciate mingling with 'hoodies' or people wearing baseball caps (or whatever) so they implement a rule to ban those on their property. Not a problem.

Where the problem occurs is someone trying to make a stroppy youth take their hood down and the youth pointing at someone wearing a hood to keep the rain off, and then of course they claim that they're being discriminated against because 'you haven't told them to take their hood down so I'm not taking mine down'.

So the rule is unenforceable until you apply it across the board, which leaves perfectly inoffensive people being told to remove an inoffensive hat because only then can they make the people wearing baseball caps take theirs off.

Forcing people to take their hoods down before they've even got in from the rain sounds a deeply silly thing to do though.

I suppose the security team could argue that your hood should have been removed under the shelters that cover every door way, before you came in. Still though, very, very stupid to get so heavy handed about it, with no allowances for the fact it was raining..

I recognise that there is a need for a little understanding and tact, but unfortunately the totalitarian approach is one of the downsides of making rules which were actually intended to make people feel more comfortable.

People don't appreciate mingling with 'hoodies' or people wearing baseball caps (or whatever) so they implement a rule to ban those on their property. Not a problem.

Where the problem occurs is someone trying to make a stroppy youth take their hood down and the youth pointing at someone wearing a hood to keep the rain off, and then of course they claim that they're being discriminated against because 'you haven't told them to take their hood down so I'm not taking mine down'.

So the rule is unenforceable until you apply it across the board, which leaves perfectly inoffensive people being told to remove an inoffensive hat because only then can they make the people wearing baseball caps take theirs off.

Forcing people to take their hoods down before they've even got in from the rain sounds a deeply silly thing to do though.

I think youll find the op was more bothered about the security guards attitude and timing more than anything else.

Archived