Told to pull my hood down

No the rules arent different for different groups of people, nobody's stopping you from wearing a burka if you want to, even Muslims arent bothered.

But as Meadowhall rules state face covering is NOT permitted ,why are Burkhas allowed to be worn . ? So you see , the rules ARE different for different groups . Or maybe , the Management of Meadowhall just dont want to upset Burkha wearers in the fear of being accused of being racist.

The OP was stopped and challanged for covering his face, so do you think Burkha wearers are also stopped and told to uncover their faces,seeing as you say its the same rules for everyone. ?

But as Meadowhall rules state face covering is NOT permitted ,why are Burkhas allowed to be worn . ? So you see , the rules ARE different for different groups . Or maybe , the Management of Meadowhall just dont want to upset Burkha wearers in the fear of being accused of being racist.

The OP was stopped and challanged for covering his face, so do you think Burkha wearers are also stopped and told to uncover their faces,seeing as you say its the same rules for everyone. ?

If you're that concerned then those rules also apply to you, all you have to do is change your faith and you're in.

Do you complain that you can't take your dog in? while the blind can?

Do Meadowhall rules state that? Nobody seems to have provided any evidence that:

a) Hoodies are banned

b) Burka wearers are permitted and if so whether they have to establish their identity before entering.

Why does it offend you so grievously if they can? Would you like to visit Meadowhall with your face covered? How would a prohibition on hoodies affect you significantly? As I said previously if you're so concerned about it don't shop in Meadowhall, I've managed to avoid it for about 20 years and not come to any harm.

If what you're saying is true (burka wearers are allowed but hoodie wearers aren't) then the same rules apply for everyone if everyone wore a burka.

If you don't want to wear one then there's a possibility you might be challenged, although why someone would want to cover their face whilst walking around a shop is beyond me..burka wearers included.

Ps: m j scuba if you're following this-you said the other day you'd never seen anyone play the reverse race card here, Sheffvan does it in the first paragraph of their post.

meadowhall has its rules and clearly as in all rules ethnic religions are addeared to ,basically you have no rights unless you are of a different race/culture ,i wonder if i would be challenged for being a member of the jedi faith ..i can wear a garment that covers my head ask yoda he told me i could .(keep the faith ) this is a joke but jedi faith is actually a recognised faith same as jewdism.islam,etc so therfore i would be permitted to enter medowhall with a head covering and not be challenged on religious grounds...The Jedi Church believes that there is one all powerful force that binds all things in the universe together. The Jedi religion is something innate inside everyone of us, the Jedi Church believes that our sense of morality is innate. So quiet your mind and listen to the force within you!

If you're that concerned then those rules also apply to you, all you have to do is change your faith and you're in.
He doesn't even need to do that, as I doubt the security guard would be asking for proof of allegiance :hihi:

Do you complain that you can't take your dog in? while the blind can?

sssh..but Muslims don't like dogs skinz so that's ok ;)

meadowhall has its rules and clearly as in all rules ethnic religions are addeared to ,basically you have no rights unless you are of a different race/culture

Have you ever tried to enter Meadowhall in a hoodie? Or a burka?

Archived