Walsh's / rackhams

muppet

Hi Smileyjiver. If the Eric you are thinking of was a small, dark haired guy then yes it was the same Eric. I worked alongside him on the loading bay at Rackhams for eight years. He did indeed live at Deepcar and as I remember he had four young sons who are all probably grown up now. I notice your location is the Isle of Wight, strangely enough Eric was born there, in Ventnor I think. I left Rackhams in 1986 and can't remember the last time I saw him, although I did learn that he had sadly died about ten years ago.

Hi Korn47 - yes that's the one! Well what a small world. Sorry to hear though that he has died. That's a great shame as I always remember him as a really nice person. Very friendly chap.

He often used to give me samples of perfume (I don't think he was supposed to tho) that I think would have otherwise been thrown away.

I had no idea that Eric originated from the Isle of Wight. I actually live on West Wight - other side of the Island to Ventnor.

I don't suppose you will remember me at all - but I often used to come and stand at the loading bay talking to Eric.

• 2 years later...

Anyone remember the window display team from early eighties. Keith Hallowes, Bohdan Karmasan, Pat Elwis, Lyn Beckett, Su Pearson , Beverley Oddy, Christine Jackson, Chris Bramhall, Ian Knowles, David Webster.

Whatabout John the Porter and Bill on Staff Entrance!

Anyone remember the window display team from early eighties. Keith Hallowes, Bohdan Karmasan, Pat Elwis, Lyn Beckett, Su Pearson , Beverley Oddy, Christine Jackson, Chris Bramhall, Ian Knowles, David Webster.

Whatabout John the Porter and Bill on Staff Entrance!

Hi Ian 1761, you've just mentioned my name in your post but I'm trying to think who you are! Send me a PM if you like.

• 6 months later...
I Started work there in 1984 until 1991 remember such names as David Gregory Menswear Buyer, Arthur Sharkey, Lee Goodison, Stuart Brailsford, lyn Cooper

I worked on various departments, Menswear, Stationery , Lighting, Life Style, Customer Services, and Hardware

Still see Julie Hancock, Brendan Hughes and Dave Grayson at the United Matches.

Good Times.

Hi I worked on mens tailoring and luggage for 2 years with George ,Arthur Sharkey,Pat, Dave Grayson.Was assistant manager on there,had some good times.Be nice to get in touch with some of them if anyone can help.Did Julie Handcock work on menswear.