Walsh's / rackhams

muppet

hi korn47 - yes that's the one! Well what a small world. Sorry to hear though that he has died. That's a great shame as i always remember him as a really nice person. Very friendly chap.

He often used to give me samples of perfume (i don't think he was supposed to tho) that i think would have otherwise been thrown away.

I had no idea that eric originated from the isle of wight. I actually live on west wight - other side of the island to ventnor.

I don't suppose you will remember me at all - but i often used to come and stand at the loading bay talking to eric.

sheffielder to a cork head. Not good.

Hi everyone, I started at Walsh's (Grace bros!) in 1974 til 78 on the tv dept with Chris Kroukamp (big s african guy) Phil O'Neill, Dennis Brown, Tony Mills etc. Still in touch with Dave Gregory from menswear. Remember winning the inter - store 'Its a knockout' competition at the city hall beating Cole bros in the final!. Anyone know what happened to Jane Tipper from ladies fashions?

I remember Dave, and a short, very thin guy who went over to T J Hughes, who was the big guy who was manager of the menswear department?

I remember Dave, and a short, very thin guy who went over to T J Hughes, who was the big guy who was manager of the menswear department?

Hi, sorry can't remember his name but will ask Dave next time we speak. Do remember a John Cottam on menswear and also a young thin guy (Malcolm?) who lived at Bradway. A few more names that come to mind are Pete Matthews and Marcus Hogan (both tv dept) Brian Tissington (furniture) who went on to manage the Mulberry tavern next door, Malcolm Tweed & John Bremner (tv) Arthur Oxley (service dept) Joan Rands. I'm sure more will spring to mind eventually!.

Hi, sorry can't remember his name but will ask Dave next time we speak. Do remember a John Cottam on menswear and also a young thin guy (Malcolm?) who lived at Bradway. A few more names that come to mind are Pete Matthews and Marcus Hogan (both tv dept) Brian Tissington (furniture) who went on to manage the Mulberry tavern next door, Malcolm Tweed & John Bremner (tv) Arthur Oxley (service dept) Joan Rands. I'm sure more will spring to mind eventually!.

I remember David Bullivant on housewares.

• 1 month later...

When i started on menswear about 1978, john Cottam had just been done for having his hands in the till.

Here goes

Sheila Precious

John llewellyn

Pam Brakes

Sharon Ashworth

Little Mark

Stuart and Keiron furniture.

Big Barry carpets

Cyril Goddard

Roy Smith

David and Tyrone

i will try and think of some more.

Cheers muppet.

When i started on menswear about 1978, john Cottam had just been done for having his hands in the till.

That must have been just after I left, Staggered!, he always seemed such a gentleman!. Do remember quite a few of the people on your next post.

• 1 month later...
Anyone work in rackhams in the early 80s

sharon Ford

pam Atter

little Mark

andy Tomlinson

louise and pam on lifestyle

john dave off tv

happy days

muppet:gag:

Hi ... I sure do.. I came from doing work experience and started in 86 on men's soon heading up to linens where I stopped for 3 years. I loved it.. I often think back to those days and believe it gave me the grounding and direction to move forward..

I remember

Jenny carledge

Eileen davett

Jean Parkinson's

Janet French from alexon

Beryl Haywood

Christine Reilly

Christine

Helen snowball (graduate)

Gill Davies - god rest her sole

Maxine sumner

Sandra in security

Betty

Brian

David in the lodge

Anne beeden

Cath alen

John bottrill

Mr morfe rackhams mgr

Anne in personnel

Zoe .. Who was in training

Julie Hancock who's at tjs so I think.

Many more if I could put my mind to it

Such happy memories. How things change..

That's a name I'd forgotten, Mr Maufe the manager. I'm sure he had a gorgeous daughter who I had a dance with at one of the staff christmas parties just before I left in the late 70s. Does anyone remember Denis Brown the radio & tv manager in the mid 70s, think he left to be a preacher or something similar!.