Is polony made in or near Sheffield?

:help: Is polony still made in or near Sheffield and if so where can I buy it?

Do you mean polony slicing sausage?

I buy it for my dog :suspect: It is in the value range so I don't know the quality (though I would not eat it) and they sell it at Abbeydale tesco wrapped in a orange/ brown packet with the other cooked meats.

EDIT:http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=polony

Do you mean polony slicing sausage?

I buy it for my dog :suspect: It is in the value range so I don't know the quality (though I would not eat it) and they sell it at Abbeydale tesco wrapped in a orange/ brown packet with the other cooked meats.

That sounds like the stuff i remember, i used to have it on my butties when i worked down't pit, with brown sauce on it wasn't bad.

I might have to go and get some for the nostalgia trip.

:hihi: Well my dog loves it :)

I am quite intrigued in what it tastes like now. I have some unopened in my fridge at the moment but can't bring myself to try it!

The 'value range' tag is a bit off putting but i will see if they have a better quality one.

This has got me remembering other delicacies packed up for my snap at work, 'potted dog' was another.

As a child I used to love polony and black pudding until one day a rather crude aunty visited and told me that the polony I had just eaten was made from pigs ears and the black pudding was made from animal scabs. For some ridiculous reason I just can't get that out of my head and to this day I have never been able to eat that sort of stuff.:hihi:

I have a feeling that Binghams once used some bi-products of the potted dog range to make polony,but once the directors left they had some problem finding an appropriate mould.I did hear that Ann Summers were interested in a snack version for their many focus groups and outreach staff.

Archived