Do i have to pull over for unmarked police cars?

Yes you do have to pull over - but I would chose somewhere that busy etc....you are not obliged to get out of the car though.

I am sure that they have something on the car that says police ie a sign that appears at the rear of the car or one just under the dash board at the front - like those strobe lighting thing's

6 or 7 years back i had a problem with my insurance, i had fully comprehensive insurance but it seemed the police couldn't verify this even though i produced my documents 3 times in 10 days.

I spoke with a senior officer at West bar and told him i'd no longer stand for being inconvenienced by being pulled over up to twice a day, and in future i would refuse to stop for anything other than a fully marked vehicle.

In their defence it seems the vehicle i was driving was previously owned by a known drug dealer hence the "drug marker" that was flagged up each time i passed a police car.

Sick of this i refused to stop for anything other than a fully marked police car.

On one particular occasion, where i refused to stop for an unmarked car, i drove home keeping to the speed limit and upon reaching home and exiting the vehicle i was immediately arrested, i asked them what law i had broken and they had no answer, i'd not actually broken any law and this was backed up by the senior officer who had provided me with his personal mobile number, due to this i was de-arrested, though not before several marked cars had turned up outside my house.

You do not have to stop for an unmarked police vehicle.

As regards the above post, I would've thought that the car you were driving could quite easily have been taken off the database, seems silly that it wasn't taken off the "watch list" after the first time you were pulled over.

Good post btw megalithic, nice to hear a real experience instead of speculation.

As regards the above post, I would've thought that the car you were driving could quite easily have been taken off the database, seems silly that it wasn't taken off the "watch list" after the first time you were pulled over.

Good post btw megalithic, nice to hear a real experience instead of speculation.

That aint the half of it mate.

On the first occasion i was stopped in the vehicle i was arrested for being a heroin dealer, this involved around a dozen polices officers dragging me from the car whilst i had my 3 year old son with me, this happened on the Manor park centre shops which saw a crowd of over 50 people stood watching.

The car was towed away for a forensic examination but released the next day after a meeting with the senior officer mentioned above, though that didn't stop me from being detained overnight, they also illegally transported my son to West Bar, loose and alone in the back of a patrol car.

Obviously they realised their mistake, but to save face i was charged with possession of an offensive weapon, a knife in the cars boot that i'd used a day or two before to cut turf.

The charges were dropped with an assurance that they had logged the vehicle as having a new owner, then i had the experience previously posted.

A week or two later the vehicle was totally trashed whilst parked outside my house, luckily we were out at a party so i didn't confront them, the police told me this was probably the work of rival drug dealers, it seems the car was a "pool" vehicle used to transport drugs, god only knows what would have happened to myself if i'd been in it at the time.

I've never bought a vehicle since where i didn't know the previous owners.

Archived