Curries didn't deliver can I claim lost wages

Curries where supposed to have delivered my tv after they took it for repair, they text me to say it was being delivered on Friday...wife took day of work ! And guess what they didn't turn up ! Rang them and they said they had no knowledge of the delivery on Friday... We spoke to them on Monday to confirm details...they now want to deliver on Monday, I've said no ! We don't want to lose out on a days pay again...where do we stand in claiming for the days wage ? Anyone know...

I Wouldnt buy anything again from them !!!

I pay monthly on their insurance sceme for repairs etc etc

You say you got a text off them to confirm? The problem is, they will have arranged a time and date convenient for you. If you decide to take the day of work then that is your choice, otherwise you could have chose a date when you or your partner of you are not working.

I would also take a close look at their insurance on repairs to make sure you are not getting ripped off. How long have you had the TV and how much have you paid them in insurance? There are other insurance deals out there a lot cheaper.

you need to have a signed agreement from both parties that states when and where anything will be delivered, otherwise it is just a verbal contractual agreement, that would not stand in the event of any loss to either party. Hope this helps.

Not so. A contract is a contract and as such is binding be it verbal or written.

Curries where supposed to have delivered my tv after they took it for repair, they text me to say it was being delivered on Friday...wife took day of work ! And guess what they didn't turn up ! Rang them and they said they had no knowledge of the delivery on Friday... We spoke to them on Monday to confirm details...they now want to deliver on Monday, I've said no ! We don't want to lose out on a days pay again...where do we stand in claiming for the days wage ? Anyone know...

I Wouldnt buy anything again from them !!!

I pay monthly on their insurance sceme for repairs etc etc

Great idea, you could also claim for emotional distress and boredom. :loopy:

This is true in theory. In practice, if someone denies there ever was a verbal contract, how can prove they're lying?

I agree, proving it is a different matter. If the agreement was not witnessed it would be very difficult. Much easier when written!

However in this case there was mention of an SMS text which should help.

I agree, proving it is a different matter. If the agreement was not witnessed it would be very difficult. Much easier when written!

However in this case there was mention of an SMS text which should help.

My legal associates tell me that texts and SMS messages are inadmissable in many cases;remember how many poll tax demands were thrownout by the courts for use of PC printouts rather than a conventional letter.

Archived