Car insurance up 100%

I am 32 and have been driving on a provisional licence on other peoples insurance for years. Just for fun I went on a reputable comparison website to see what I would be insured for on a £500 car once I decide to get a full licence and....... £2400 (a year) was the cheapest. Ok I dont really want a car but this is crazy! I've driven for 15 years and not one accident or even close.... Plus, when people have added me to their insurance they've onle had to pay the admin charge to add me as a named drived (IE no increase in their premiums). I thought that being older would help but not on my nelly

Exactly. Unfortunately this is FAR too typical..........I fear it encourages people to go uninsured.

Exactly. Unfortunately this is FAR too typical..........I fear it encourages people to go uninsured.

I get that it is not just the value of the vehicle I am paying for but for the damage I pay for other injured parties but this has no justification. I think we need an opening up of the industry with a DECENT investigative body. given the importance of insurance, and what it can mean to those affected, and how insurance companies seem to wriggle out of even the simplest payments to people even if they are not the beneficiaries

Cheapest insurance for me in 2010 = Hastings Direct.

Cheapest insurance for me in 2011 = Hastings Direct.

Even so, the 2011 cost has increased by 21 percent since 2010.

Read some horror stories about Hastings though. They came cheapest for me on comparison sites as well.

Went for Tesco's in the end with a hefty £60 discount for being a club card holder.

Read some horror stories about Hastings though.

They came cheapest for me on comparison sites as well.

I want the cheapest insurance available, just to keep within the law.

Sod any horror stories, I'll cross that bridge if I need to make a claim.

Archived