Do you have the right to not be offended?

In a free country, offending people is bound to happen. or am i wrong?

Even in closed societies I'm sure lots of people have disagreements. It's less to do with people's different backgrounds and cultures & more to do with the attitude of people. Everybody can't be the same nor should they.

With regards to humour it depends on motivation & context as well as content. Some people can challenge others perceptions without being offensive. Yet some are simply offensive for the sake of it. That isn't being funny or clever - it's just being offensive.

Of course it is ....................... its called speaking your mind .

Like the poppy burners or doesn't that count because it was some muslims that were burning the poppys?

Funny video by the way.

It's appearing that your 'problem' at Meadowhall had less to do with your choice of dress, or even the supposed behaviour of the security man..but far more your feelings towards Muslims.

You brought muslims into the other thread, I could not care less who individuals pray to. This thread is about being offended. As for the poppy burners they were dealt with to my satisfaction.

It's appearing that your 'problem' at Meadowhall had less to do with your choice of dress, or even the supposed behaviour of the security man..but far more your feelings towards Muslims.

You mean you actually believed the crap about meadowhall? Shame on you.

Archived