Violent riots and looting in UK

I agree, but it's not just the parents' attitudes that are passed on to their kids, it's the sheer numbers of kids they are having.

Some "community leader" was moaning on the radio just now that there is nothing for youngsters to do, but this didn't stop Mark Duggan fathering four kids.

"nothing for them to do" is an age old excuse trotted out when anything like this happens.

There isn't an awful lot to do in many places, probably more so in rural villages where they don't have all the facilities and amenities that city suberbs benefit from, but still we don't see riots everywhere.

These were criminals on the rampage because one of their criminal buddies ended up on the wrong side of a police firearms officer, and I wish so called self appointed 'community leaders' would not excuse them and instead stick up for the normal law abiding folk whose lives are made a misery by the criminal element.

What puzzled me was , there were clearly armed police officers at the scene, so why were their guns kept in their holsters? why wernt they picking off a few of the rioters ? If they had shot half a dozen of the scumbags ,the rest would have got the message and dispersed.

Because generally individuals dont act as judge, jury and executioner in this country, thank god-unless there's an imminent danger to life.

I agree

..and what are football hooligans excuses? It's not as if inner city minorities have an exclusive on rioting.

You're right of course, but we can discuss football hooliganism on another thread. He did make some valid points there. I wonder if some of the rioters are under the impression they are victims, or if a black man being shot by a white police officer is discrimination.

If so, why? This needs to be addressed and ironed out before different groups could be classed as living in harmony.

Archived