Violent riots and looting in UK

There are old mantras that may have been true in 1985 but are no longer true today. Nobody has told these lazy minded dopes. The London police has plenty of non white officers who have zero in common with the street scum. If a poll were taken of all Tottenham residents asking if they supported the riots we know the result yet these 'gurus' still walk around sounding like a sociology textbook from 25 years ago zzz.

Brilliant!

my other halfs just gotten back from tottenham, bless him he was scared witless

he said the guys rioting and looting were not from the area, that they had come on over from the area the deceased had grown up in

Thankyou kind sirs. The same applies in education, my teacher brother tells me about outdated handwringers saying the system bars black yoof from success. Strangely those from parents who don't fill their head with tales of oppression do well. Those who tell their kids babylon got it in for dem do badly. What was once the truth is now a self fulfilling prophecy. The new high achieving mainly black schools in Hackney also put a hole in such outdated and even patronising liberal/leftie cant.

Thatcher didn't do away with the jobs, the jobs were lost to other countries that could produce the same goods at a fraction of our costs.

Also, that was now around 25 years ago, the 18 to early twenties of then are now in their fourties and probably most with jobs. At least they wanted work back then, they were not feckless, not like the rioters of yesterday who seem think society owes them.

Thatcher certainly closed all the mines, steelworks and manufacturing jobs. This is not an opinion , it is a statement of fact.

Thatcher certainly closed all the mines, steelworks and manufacturing jobs. This is not an opinion , it is a statement of fact.

How many of those mines, steelworks and factories were in Tottingham? How many of the rioters last night do you reckon were around during Thatcher's appointment?

How many of those mines, steelworks and factories were in Tottingham? How many of the rioters last night do you reckon were around during Thatcher's appointment?

It is irrelevant in which geographical areas these jobs were located and also in which fields. Thatcher introduced a system that accepted massive youth unemployment levels. Nobody has ever been able to change it since she destroyed real jobs. These real jobs were in every geographical area.

She is to blame.

It is irrelevant in which geographical areas these jobs were located and also in which fields. Thatcher introduced a system that accepted massive youth unemployment levels. Nobody has ever been able to change it since she destroyed real jobs. These real jobs were in every geographical area.

She is to blame.

Even when (as has been pointed out before) we had boom yearssince?

Maggie didn't make youth unemployment acceptable. As a youth I decided as to whether or not I found employment acceptable. A percentage of youths always have and always will find unemployment acceptable. If anything the Labour government enabled the behaviour more than Maggie ever did.

If these youths are so disgruntled at the actions of the PM 25 years ago why are they bringing more into a broken situation. Surely you work for a better life for your children? After all Maggie made life hard for them.

It's all excuses for nobheads.

She is to blame.

you talk utter tosh, so tell us which system did she introduce that created or accepted massive youth unemployment? i think you will find looney left policies did that along with mass immigration, as for real jobs as you call them would these be the uncompetive industries that this country could not sustain due to overwhelming pressure from unions to pay way over the going rate!??

Archived