Violent riots and looting in UK

The trouble is with the heavy handed approach some police officers become over zealous and we end up with dead members of the public like Blair Peach, Jean Charles de Menezes and Ian Tomlinson.

There has to be a balance though Boyfriday. Police can't just be expected to stand there and be targets for petrol bombs and bricks.

I'm not advocating a total 'police beating the living crap out of everyone in sight' approach but there should have been snatch squads that went in there and took out the ones coming forward and pelting the riot vans with bricks. There were enough police there to do it. It just takes the will.

Otherwise, this will happen again and again. We'll end up like 1985 and getting another policeman getting hacked to death. What about his rights?

I heard that MP, Bernie Grant at the time basically supported the rioters and said the police had got a good kicking. He should have been sacked the minute he said it.

What we saw last night was the usual low-life you get anywhere. Northern Ireland is a good example - do you think the ones causing the trouble REALLY care about the issues or, more to the point, have the intelligence to think about them. No, they just want to smash things up and get back at the police as they don't like the naughty police getting in the way of their useless criminal parasitic lives.

black white, yellow or blue even, he shot at a copper and paid the price nothing to do with colour:roll:

True, I wonder what the outcome would have been if the shooter was white and the copper was black.

Archived