Violent riots and looting in UK

I suspect that a number of the small businesses which were destroyed in Tottenham may not re-open.

Some of the larger retailers may think twice about re-opening in the area.

Fewer amenities for the people who live there and fewer jobs, too.

If (as has been suggested) the rioting and pillaging was carried out largely by outsiders, then they will be the ones guilty of spoiling the environment for the local residents. They won't be the ones who have to pay for the damage, however.

If parts of London (or parts of other cities, for that matter) become too violent then those who can leave will leave. Shops and businesses will pull out and the local councils will have even less money to provide services for those who can't afford to get away.

Isn't that also known as ghettoisation, the dealers and pimps will love it...

Surely the Police need extra powers and to be less restrained by EU legislation (which is ignored by France and other countries anyway)!

Watched some pictures of the riot and looting that spread to Waltham Forest- right down to the Walthamstow high street- that's my boyhood town!!

My friends store (next to the BHS in selbourne walk shopping mall) also got attacked- he owns the C- Exchange shop.

Very sad to see all this- definately people are taking this as an opportunity to cause mayhem and steal what they can.

I don't believe its racist to say, that it is mainly Black people who are rioting again, but it does seem to be the case. Why is it that most most extreme violence seems to be committed by Black people in Black area's.

It does seem to me, to be Black people who are responsibly for most of the Gun and and knife crime, or is it that news media only report Black gun and knife crime?

So is it, a case of Black people committing more extreme violence than white people or is it our media who being deliberately being racist and reporting crime from only one specific group?

i only wish i knew.

I don't believe its racist to say, that it is mainly Black people who are rioting again, but it does seem to be the case. Why is it that most most extreme violence seems to be committed by Black people in Black area's.

It does seem to me, to be Black people who are responsibly for most of the Gun and and knife crime, or is it that news media only report Black gun and knife crime?

So is it, a case of Black people committing more extreme violence than white people or is it our media who being deliberately being racist and reporting crime from only one specific group?

i only wish i knew.

Unless you're aware of huge riots and looting perpetrated by white people, or groups of white gangs heavily into drugs and firearms that aren't being reported on, it's fairly safe to assume that the problem is one with black culture.

Unless you're aware of huge riots and looting perpetrated by white people, or groups of white gangs heavily into drugs and firearms that aren't being reported on, it's fairly safe to assume that the problem is one with black culture.

The Anarchists in London earlier this year?

Watched some pictures of the riot and looting that spread to Waltham Forest- right down to the Walthamstow high street- that's my boyhood town!!

My friends store (next to the BHS in selbourne walk shopping mall) also got attacked- he owns the C- Exchange shop.

Very sad to see all this- definately people are taking this as an opportunity to cause mayhem and steal what they can.

Strange that Currys and PC World get looted whilst Oxfam shops are left alone :hihi:

Archived