Violent riots and looting in UK

They will be subsidized to do so, no rates for years ect.

No rates for years. So the council's income from business rates falls dramatically. Where will the money come from to provide those subsidies?

Will the householders make up the difference? How much extra would they each have to pay?

Central government subsidies to councils have been cut, so perhaps the councils can't hope to make too much extra money from Central government.

Those who can leave will leave.

If parts of London (or parts of other cities, for that matter) become too violent then those who can leave will leave. Shops and businesses will pull out and the local councils will have even less money to provide services for those who can't afford to get away.

Pleas don't call this racist but it's already happened in Sheffield hence the large exodus to the surrounding areas by mainly white people.

And if the 'Violent riots and looting in North London' spread to Sheffield etc it will be another nail in the coffin for Sheffield centre and other businesses. we vey rarely shop in Sheffield these days.

Pleas don't call this racist but it's already happened in Sheffield hence the large exodus to the surrounding areas by mainly white people.

And if the 'Violent riots and looting in North London' spread to Sheffield etc it will be another nail in the coffin for Sheffield centre and other businesses. we vey rarely shop in Sheffield these days.

This is why we have city ambassadors now, because of so much trouble and louts around the Peace Gardens.

So is it, a case of Black people committing more extreme violence than white people or is it our media who being deliberately being racist and reporting crime from only one specific group?

i only wish i knew.

The amount of certain crimes committed by black people is, according to statistics, dissproportionate to their percentage of the population.

But, on saying that I do not believe that it is fair to solely blame blacks for these troubles, nor do I see evidence to directly blame the BNP/EDL.

There may well have been members from either group partaking but you cannot blame those organisations for what some of their members take it upon themselves to do

Why aren't the Police doing anything, they should clean up now before backup arrives...

Because the crowd which is there are just waiting for the Police to stop guarding the shops so they can go looting again. Today seems much more about antagonising the Police until they make a move and then go nick some trainers.

Archived