Violent riots and looting in UK

Well quite. We all remember the Newcastle riots when Raoul Mote got shot by the police, the toon was ablaze for days and hundreds of shops were looted.

Oh, wait. No, they weren't. A few idiots set up stupid facebook pages, which then got taken down, that was it.

different circumstances

Lol ! - come on, BP; nothing to do with race; anyone can engage in riots (given the right circumstances).

Agreed given the right circumstances I would riot. I lived in Hackney until very recently and my parents still do.

The local youth have no solidarity with the dead man they spend a lot of their time killing each other.

We could also use the football hooligan 'case study' too; 99.9% of them are White; and the reason nothing hardly happens anymore is because the Police have got everything right to a tee.

You cannot put football hooliganism in the same ball park as this, they go out for a fight and its about tribalism more than anarchism.

They may cause some damage when it goes pear shaped but that's not what its about,it most certainly is not about looting and for the most part is contained and even with some element of warning.

I can see why football hooliganism may be pulled into the mix though (symbolizing the white element), as there would be little else to show that the sort of stuff we are seeing at the moment in London and what we saw in Bradford is more down to other imported cultures to the country, as that's the part that's not palatable.

BTW, in the riots of 2001 (up 'Norf' again..), rioters were given ridiculous and abhorrent sentences.

5 years was the average, even for throwing a stone.

Even child molesters/sex offenders don't get that :mad:

How many charged will be sent to prison, how many will just be fined or even sent to have a laugh on community service?

At the end of the day, if so many are doing it then the charges will diminish and therefore will make it worthwhile...

EDIT: Just seen CXC3000's post, but i'm not so sure...

Er, I doubt anyone had any sympathy with a crazy, deranged murderer.

OK, fair point and the dead black "gangsta" in question is not as far as I'm aware a murderer - so do you have any examples of the police shooting white criminals which resulted in mass riots by white people? I honestly can't think of any and given the massive majority of the country are white statistically white people should surely be rioting within their communities a lot more than ethnic minorities, but I'm certainly not aware of any, though stand to be corrected.

Well quite. We all remember the Newcastle riots when Raoul Mote got shot by the police, the toon was ablaze for days and hundreds of shops were looted.

And the cost to rebuild ran into £hundreds, Slightly more than it cost to rebuild Barnsley after the earthquake some years back.

You cannot put football hooliganism in the same ball park as this, they go out for a fight and its about tribalism more than anarchism.

They may cause some damage when it goes pear shaped but that's not what its about,it most certainly is not about looting and for the most part is contained and even with some element of warning.

As mentioned earlier, let them loose in a town centre and see what happens. I'm sure soon enough, they'll put their petty tribal squabbles aside for a minute (to join forces) to loot as many stores as possible.

I can see why football hooliganism may be pulled into the mix though (symbolizing the white element), as there would be little else to show that the sort of stuff we are seeing at the moment in London and what we saw in Bradford is more down to other imported cultures to the country, as that's the part that's not palatable.

Nope; again, rioting has nothing to do with race or colour; give the same set of circumstances to the natives, and they'll do the same.

Archived