Violent riots and looting in UK

Pleas don't call this racist but it's already happened in Sheffield hence the large exodus to the surrounding areas by mainly white people.

And if the 'Violent riots and looting in North London' spread to Sheffield etc it will be another nail in the coffin for Sheffield centre and other businesses. we vey rarely shop in Sheffield these days.

There's nothing new about 'white flight', nor is it limited to white people.

The city in MS in which I lived had two major 'white flight' developments, which were populated by more-affluent people (of all ethnicities.) The older 'down town' area wasn't particularly bad for crime (though it did have rather more.) The exodus from 'downtown' meant that the local council lost a significant amount of property tax money. (Fortunately, there were plenty of commercial enterprises in the old town, so the loss wasn't critical.)

'Gated Communities' are perhaps more common in the UK than many would think (over 1000 in 2007 according to this article) and if life in cities is seen to be becoming 'unpleasant' or even 'dangerous' then the number may will increase.

OK, fair point and the dead black "gangsta" in question is not as far as I'm aware a murderer - so do you have any examples of the police shooting white criminals which resulted in mass riots by white people?

There have been instances of Black and Asian criminas being shot, and the community has done nothing (except for maybe to applaud the Police's action).

Sometimes riots kick off in certain areas; sometimes they don't. They might kick off in White-dominated areas, they might not; same applies to Black and Asian areas.

The problem is that the White Working Class won't riot !

There have been instances of Black and Asian criminas being shot, and the community has done nothing (except for maybe to applaud the Police's action).

Sometimes riots kick off in certain areas; sometimes they don't. They might kick off in White-dominated areas, they might not; same applies to Black and Asian areas.

What I'm saying is that for that to actually be true we'd have to have quite a lot of riots in white areas over the arrest/shooting of white criminals whereas we have as far as I know had none.

The country (and indeed sheffield) is not short of areas that are overwhelmingly white where criminallity is looked up by many as if not laudable then understandable and the police are regarded as the "filth/pigs/etc" and grassing is regarded as an offence against the community, yet in all these areas there has never as far as i'm aware an incident of the community rioting and looting their own shops, whereas over the last 30 years we have Brixton, Tottenham, Toxteth, Moss Side, Chapletown, Handsworth, Brixton II, Handsworth II, Tottanham II, Brixton III, Bradford, Oldham, Harehills etc etc etc before the current round of rioting, all of which involved predominantly black or aisian rioters.

If it's true that ppor white communities with bad relations with the police are just as likely to riot as blacks and asians in the same scenario then why has it never happened?

And when they're rounded up, what do you suggest the police do with them?

Send them to court for a telling-off and an ASBO?

Well I did ask recently: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7957610&postcount=266

But the other day I was suggesting that there was a gap in the market for a well designed portable prison. By bringing a temporary prison to the area then the Police wouldn't need to ferry them back and forth...

Archived