Violent riots and looting in UK

Of course he should not have an illegally held weapon but it's been claimed that he did. This doesn't mean he had it drawn. We've been told there was a gun battle between Mark Duggan and police. We weren't there, we don't know. Maybe the police executed him. Certainly wouldn't be the first time it happened. Apparently the bullet that saved the policeman by penetrating his radio came from a POLICE handgun. Did Mark Duggan have a police gun, or was the cop shot mistakenly?

On Sky, in the last 30 mins they said he had a gun, but all shots were fired by a single Police officer who was in fear of his life.

Supposedly accurate, but not an official release.

Would you prefer the police to investigate themselves or would you prefer the INDEPENDENT Police Complaints Commission to do the investigation?

I wouldn't have much confidence in either.

It seems that the initial protesters in Tottenham weren't prepared to wait for the results of the IPCC's enquiry.

Some people in Tottenham may well have more knowledge of what took place when Duggan was killed than the rest of us.

So much for the folks on here who have harped on about the evils of gun ownership in America. Apparently there are gangs in Tottenham who have guns and the police were trying to deal with the problem

At least in America ordinary law abiding citizens have the right to own firearms even if the criminals have them as well.

This whole situation just proves that government imposed gun control isn't worth a damn, except for the criminals of course

I think the solution is obvious:

Arm each police officer with an AK-47 and give them the instructions to shoot at will.

And since there will be invariably innocent members of the public in the firing line what then?

Or perhaps I should have walked faster when I came round the corner this afternoon in Hackney and it looked like I'd walked from a normal street into Beruit...?

Isn't this what we criticized the Arab states for doing?

They were protesting about regime change.

These are the types of people society should try and eradicate. If it goes on for much longer I can see vigilante attacks happening.

Archived