Violent riots and looting in UK

I wouldn't have much confidence in either.

Some people in Tottenham may well have more knowledge of what took place when Duggan was killed than the rest of us.

The IPCC is the best you've got and they're certainly preferable to having the police investigate themselves.

If you wouldn't trust either, who do you suggest should've investigated the shooting and how much time should they have spent on that investigation?

Would they have been in a position to announce the results of the investigation to the protesters?

OK some "news" from the front line as it were.

I've just been up to a freinds place in Hackney, and all was apparantly calm and perfectly quiet. I thought it was close to Tottenham, but not that close, and all seemd fine - there were more police than you would expect but no problems whatsoever - police were talking with lads quite happily, no heavy presence whatsover.

I left my mates, came out to walk to the HAckeny Central tube and as I did I could hear fireworks - my mate said jokingly, "oh we must be rioting here as well". Came round the corner near the Pembury pub, a half dozen lads ran past me the other way (and they were all white before anyone asks) follwed by a couple of asian lads. Odd I thought, went round the corner and nearly got trampled by a line of riot police.

Working my way back up I found the other end of the police line, who after seeing my train tickets and realising I wasnt there let me though to the tube - sat on the platform writing this up now.

It changes fast - so fast it was scarey. I was off the street for perhaps 90 minutes, and it's gone from a glouriously sunny afternoon in London, to one with smudges of smoke and a lot of shouting now.

Normal members of society on these idiots. People aren't going to tolerate them wrecking their homes, businesses and streets for much longer.

How on earth would people identify 'these idiots' - do they have tattoos saying 'I'm a rioter' on their foreheads?

You don't half come out with some rubbish.

Archived