Violent riots and looting in UK

Time to call in the army and start shooting a few of the looters and arsonists. These scumbags are just out for getting a few freeebies.

Theft being worse than murder, no doubt.

The best punishment though is to leave their neighbourhoods in ruins. They'll soon find out the cost to themselves when thay have to travel miles and miles to the nearest shops

Yeah! It'll certainly tighten the people in the neighbourhood who'd nothing to do with it ..

Quoting myself:

You are choosing to ignore significant background to the situation ie. the long history of racism and institutional racism suffered by the black community in England. Some people prefer the illogical idea that black people are criminals because they are ... well, black.

My bold.

For a start we could consider the number of black people who die in police custody or the number of black people who enter the mental health system.

Are you seriously arguing that some kind of folk memory accounts for the miserable lot of many blacks !!!

Are the Irish destined to be impoverished because of tales in drink of 'The Famine' and 'King James'

The Scots resorting to the knife and gun after being traumatized by the telling of 'The Highland Clearances'

The White Working Class Englishman giving up all aspiration because the 'Poor Laws' and 'Transportation' are related to him?

BBC worringly have just reported public disorder started in birmingham with buildings set on fire and shops looted. It does make you wonder how safe larger cities are, sheffield included! Disgusting behaviour, costing our country a fortune too! When will it end?

why is it that certain posters are bringing the race/skin colour up when it's obvious that it is not only black people rioting/looting but whites and other races as well?

Some people never miss an opportunity to spew their vile hatred. :rolleyes:

the rioters are at it again in peckham london building , cars ,shops are on fire live on sky news now . i say bring in the army now with live ammo and put this maddness out .this has got out of control and cannot be stopped by pusyfooting tactics .

birmingham riots have just started where next pittsmoor, fir vale ,manor get ready

I can't believe people still think in terms of skin color.

Poverty=violence

End of the story.

Skin pigment has nothing to do with it.

Not necessarily. I grew up in a small community where poverty was prevalent, wages were low, employment was sketchy and 'benefits' were almost non-existent. Yet violence was rare.

Being poor does not make a person violent. Being poorly-educated, unskilled, poorly-motivated and seeing other people who have got more than you have may encourage violence, however. That may be a reason, but it's not an excuse.

Time to call in the army and start shooting a few of the looters and arsonists. These scumbags are just out for getting a few freeebies.

The best punishment though is to leave their neighbourhoods in ruins. They'll soon find out the cost to themselves when thay have to travel miles and miles to the nearest shops

How many illegal firearms do you think will be fired in retaliation if the army/police started shooting rioters?

It would turn into a bloodbath.

Archived