Violent riots and looting in UK

Theft being worse than murder, no doubt.

Yeah! It'll certainly tighten the people in the neighbourhood who'd nothing to do with it ..

I'm very well familiar with this kind of anti-social behaviour which was prevalent until the mid 90s in Los Angeles.

The apologists always trumpet the same tired old excuses about lack of opportunities for blacks, discrimination, police brutality.... you name it.

This is just a case of criminality, young chavs using Facebook and Blackberrys to urge their mates to go and do a bit of looting. Nothing whatsoever to do with a legitimate protest.

Whatever measures to put a stop to it should be used. I would imagine that CCTV will ID and catch a lot of them.

If the consequences to be faced are anything like what the Watts area of Los Angeles had to pay for then stores and businesses which have been destroyed will never return to the area. The innocents of course will suffer also

Oh dear - any idea which area? I have friends in Sparkhill.

This from telegraph citing news wires-

Shop windows were smashed in Birmingham this evening as large crowds gathered following rumours of a copycat riot following the London riots.

Police established and exclusion zone into the city centre up to half a mile around the city's famous Bullring shooping centre.

Hundreds of youths gathered under the eyes of hundreds more police, many of the youths covering their faces with hoodies and scarves.

McDonalds, Jessops and LA fitness were targetted, with bins thrown through the windows as rioters attempted to loot in similar fashion to the riots in Tottenham and Enfield.

As police held their lines rioters smashed several more shop windows and attacked passing busses.

I don't think Sheffield has anything to worry about...we had a major protest recently (over-policed), which passed with relative peacefulness and very few arrests.

I think any group of 'people' who may have an inclination towards violent protest, anarchy, looting and general disregard for others don't actually exist in Sheffield. To be honest all big city's have their share of 'minorities' who may jump on an unlawful bandwagon, but I really can't see it happening up here...I do feel very sorry for anyone who has been on the receiving end of this awful violence, may sense prevail very soon.

why is it that certain posters are bringing the race/skin colour up when it's obvious that it is not only black people rioting/looting but whites and other races as well?

Some people never miss an opportunity to spew their vile hatred. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with vile hatred.

It is precisely at times such as these, loss of confidence in all institutions,

The Politicians stealing public funds and waging illegal wars.

The Press in collusion with aforementioned politicos while they invade the tragic privacy of murder victims' families.

The Banksters bleeding us dry and the politicians bailing them out with our money while cutting the services we have paid for.

The Police looking after the backs of the Politicians and Press while they watch our cities burn.

People inevitably look to their own tight groups for support.

Immigrants unloved by the politicians and imported wholesale merely for their downward pressure effect on wages.

Large groups of immigrants have no commonality with the host population which is by definition reciprocal while the economy chugs along during one of its boom cycles most problems lie below the surface.

Bust and uncertainty leads to the inevitable divisions and tensions coming to the surface.

I'm very well familiar with this kind of anti-social behaviour which was prevalent until the mid 90s in Los Angeles.

The apologists always trumpet the same tired old excuses about lack of opportunities for blacks, discrimination, police brutality.... you name it.

This is just a case of criminality, young chavs using Facebook and Blackberrys to urge their mates to go and do a bit of looting. Nothing whatsoever to do with a legitimate protest.

Whatever measures to put a stop to it should be used. I would imagine that CCTV will ID and catch a lot of them.

If the consequences to be faced are anything like what the Watts area of Los Angeles had to pay for then stores and businesses which have been destroyed will never return to the area. The innocents of course will suffer also

It is more than that.

The youth have been lumbered with the previous generations debt, services have been cut. Free education has been removed, inflation is being used as a tax. People are being forced in to substandard housing to be farmed like livestock.

The few jobs out there pay poor wages in a depreciating currency.

You reap what you sow, and our elders have been sowing salt.

Archived