Violent riots and looting in UK

It is more than that.

The youth have been lumbered with the previous generations debt, services have been cut. Free education has been removed, inflation is being used as a tax. People are being forced in to substandard housing to be farmed like livestock.

The few jobs out there pay poor wages in a depreciating currency.

You reap what you sow, and our elders have been sowing salt.

maybe but doesnt condone the looting and the riots

It is more than that.

The youth have been lumbered with the previous generations debt, services have been cut. Free education has been removed, inflation is being used as a tax. People are being forced in to substandard housing to be farmed like livestock.

The few jobs out there pay poor wages in a depreciating currency.

You reap what you sow, and our elders have been sowing salt.

So the solution is to trash their own neighbourhoods? Not very bright is it.

I don't think Sheffield has anything to worry about...we had a major protest recently (over-policed), which passed with relative peacefulness and very few arrests.

I think any group of 'people' who may have an inclination towards violent protest, anarchy, looting and general disregard for others don't actually exist in Sheffield. To be honest all big city's have their share of 'minorities' who may jump on an unlawful bandwagon, but I really can't see it happening up here...I do feel very sorry for anyone who has been on the receiving end of this awful violence, may sense prevail very soon.

I'll quote myself, and remind people that these riots developed from a peaceful protest outside a police station in reaction to an alleged unlawful killing of a local gangster!

The masses gathered due to tweets posted, BBM's and the like to raise people into an unlawful frenzy of violence and looting..NOTHING to do with unemployment, politics and such like, just a bunch of idiots jumping on a bandwagon for anarchy and a load of freebies from shops...Greed, and a lack of respect is all it has arisen from. Nuff said!!

Archived