Violent riots and looting in UK

What have you heard Andy?

As i say it's a bit sketchy but the guardian are now looking at it seriously, differing reports of cars torched in the town centre/violence in chapeltown and gunshots/a shooting but no idea where.

Hopefully it's wind up merchants trying to spark things off and all is safe and well on the ground.

Shims was trying to find find white based riots earlier if you read the thread, but couldn't find any???

Shims is going to tell us how folk memories of Slavery and Oppression of past generations of Black People explains present day black uk poverty.

As i say it's a bit sketchy but the guardian are now looking at it seriously, differing reports of cars torched in the town centre/violence in chapeltown and gunshots/a shooting but no idea where.

Hopefully it's wind up merchants trying to spark things off and all is safe and well on the ground.

My other half isn't a million miles away from Chapeltown - I hope it's not true - it's an area which ahas actually improved enormously in the last few years.

BBc now reporting this

Man shot in face in Chapeltown street

Continue reading the main story

Related Stories

A man has been taken to hospital after being shot in the face on a street in Leeds.

Police officers were sent to Saville Place in the Chapeltown area of the city on Monday evening.

A police spokesman said they had few details of the incident but BBC television reporters at the scene said there was a crowd of up to 100 at the scene and some were masked.

A police spokesman confirmed one man had suffered gunshot injuries.

Archived