Violent riots and looting in UK

I'm very well familiar with this kind of anti-social behaviour which was prevalent until the mid 90s in Los Angeles.

The apologists always trumpet the same tired old excuses about lack of opportunities for blacks, discrimination, police brutality.... you name it.

This is just a case of criminality, young chavs using Facebook and Blackberrys to urge their mates to go and do a bit of looting. Nothing whatsoever to do with a legitimate protest.

Whatever measures to put a stop to it should be used. I would imagine that CCTV will ID and catch a lot of them.

If the consequences to be faced are anything like what the Watts area of Los Angeles had to pay for then stores and businesses which have been destroyed will never return to the area. The innocents of course will suffer also

Totally agree with you on this one as reflected in my post!!

It seems that the majority of posters on here seem not to be able to tell the difference between protest and general selfish unruliness and violence fuelled by youngsters goading each other into joining in the fracas for the sake of it.

Obviously it's just me n thee that can see this....and don't need to be dissecting the troubles and analysing into political argument!! :loopy:

Hope your other half is safe and well mate, bloody nightmare situation if it does get stupid like london.

Thanks Andy - I'm sure she'll be fine, she's a mile or so out of there, on a nice quiet residential street.

So the solution is to trash their own neighbourhoods? Not very bright is it.

These people feel excluded form their own communities.

And financially they are.

There are no jobs for them, no housing, no chance of a reasonable life.

It isn't very bright, and it would make more sense to seize buildings rather than burn them down.

Just think all of these people were probably told to study at school because it'd make the difference between a good job and well not a good job. I bet they knew better though, but in reality they should have listened to sense and experience.

Archived