Violent riots and looting in UK

Croydon is cooking. Some very 'Black' areas there too shims old chap.

If there is a significant black population in an area does that mean that the people causing the disturbances are almost exclusively black? Or do you just like to give this impression?

It's worth bearing in mind that the initial protest was about the police killing a member of the black community and a significant number but certainly not all of the protesters were black - hardly surprising consider the history of police actions on the black community - the ensuing looting is a different phenomenon: lawless teenagers causing chaos and grabbing what they can simply because they believe they can get away with it and with little regard to the incident that started the unrest.

Could I just point out that the current coalition government have been in power just over a year.

Some of the commentators on the various news channels are spouting the usual, 'the kids have nothing to do' 'they have no hope' etc etc and putting the blame squarely at the governments door.

So for the previous 13 years under Labour they were all fine upstanding members of society who have in 16 months of evil Tory/Lib Dem governance been reduced to rioting to make their point.

Rubbish.

Could I just point out that the current coalition government have been in power just over a year.

Some of the commentators on the various news channels are spouting the usual, 'the kids have nothing to do' 'they have no hope' etc etc and putting the blame squarely at the governments door.

So for the previous 13 years under Labour they were all fine upstanding members of society who have in 16 months of evil Tory/Lib Dem governance been reduced to rioting to make their point.

Rubbish.

Extremely well said.

Labour are at fault here for me.

Shoot rioters more routinely.

Do you think that would inflame or defuse the situation?

Well I can see a bar in Croydon aflame a 90 year old woman had to be dragged out.

The Prime Minister is returning home to host COBRA meeting tomorrow the situation is inflamed (literally) it can be defused when rioters start hitting the pavement.

Not answering the question there are you?

For the hard of thinking see above.

Rubbish.

Yes agree 100%, some of the opposition and their supporters will try to score points politically over this lot and all reasoning will be lost, there are no excuses for what's happening...it's copy cat opportunistic criminality !

Extremely well said.

Labour are at fault here for me.

Bullcrap...It all comes down to the quality of parenting, whether you're rich or poor there's no excuse for being a bad/couldn't care less parent and most if not all of these rioters parents were young adults and thrown on the scrapheap under Thatcher/Tory rule! It's a knock on effect that's now biting them on the arse!

If there is a significant black population in an area does that mean that the people causing the disturbances are almost exclusively black? Or do you just like to give this impression?

It's worth bearing in mind that the initial protest was about the police killing a member of the black community and a significant number but certainly not all of the protesters were black - hardly surprising consider the history of police actions on the black community - the ensuing looting is a different phenomenon: lawless teenagers causing chaos and grabbing what they can simply because they believe they can get away with it and with little regard to the incident that started the unrest.

You were going to tell me how folk memory of Slavery and Oppression of previous black generations leads to modern day black uk poverty?

Archived