Violent riots and looting in UK

So you think it's more important to waffle for an hour rather than actually solve the problem. Well I for one don't - they can talk once it's sorted thanks but I'd rather have them fixing the problem first.

It's not about waffling. It's about communication - demonstrating to the country that they're taking it seriously, which hasn't been overwhelmingly evident so far.

It took David Cameron three days to decide to cut his holiday short, with no interim statement forthcoming beforehand.

It's a shockingly poor response from the government to a crisis situation.

They don't need riot police, they need marksmen....

This is unbelievable. Why aren't the parents of these kids keeping them indoors. There is no fear from the law. This is the consequence of a softly softly approach to crime. The kids are not bothered as they know if caught they will get a pat on the head and told not to do it again. The government needs to shut down networking sites to stop the organisation of the rioters...

Judging by the footage in Birmingham on the news, the rioters there are OVERWELMINGLY black.

Still, an overwhelming amount of the black community in Birmingham aren't rioting, I'll warrant.

When a group of white people commit crime do you say to yourself "Oh look, they're white"?

And compare and contrast the footage of Diane Abbott on the streets of Hackney earlier - who'd been talking to people, who was realistic about the tension in the area - with Theresa May spouting platitudes about 'absolute criminality'.

Do you dissagree with Theresa May?

It's not about waffling. It's about communication - demonstrating to the country that they're taking it seriously, which hasn't been overwhelmingly evident so far.

It took David Cameron three days to decide to cut his holiday short, with no interim statement forthcoming beforehand.

It's a shockingly poor response from the government to a crisis situation.

I hear what you've been saying. They are the representatives and spokespeople of the public's government and in their remit they are to keep us informed. They normally do, seems like Labour is making a little bit from it, but all in all most are on holiday.

Saying that Clegg and May made statements for the 6 o'clock news.

Archived