Golf courses-What state is yours in?

I had the misfortune of playing Tapton last week and some of the holes were bordering on unplayable (4/5/6/7/11/14/17/18) as the ball is running off at peculiar angles into trouble.

What are others like, I can't see Birley being much fun at the moment and those out Worksop must be rock hard.

Tapton is never in good condition! Bondhay a few weeks ago was excellent.

Bondhay is in fine fettle but very cruel to a beginner like myself, I have been playing at Woodthorpe in Lincolnshire and that's also in good condition and a lot easier for people as bad as myself.

I had the misfortune of playing Tapton last week and some of the holes were bordering on unplayable (4/5/6/7/11/14/17/18) as the ball is running off at peculiar angles into trouble.What are others like, I can't see Birley being much fun at the moment and those out Worksop must be rock hard.

This is just like playing links golf back in my native norn iron.

Unfortunately I have not managed to play for a while so cannot give my opinion on any courses.

Renishaw a bit dry in places but generally good. Greens are brilliant, the best they've ever been and they are usually very good anyway. Birleys actually not bad or at least up to last weekend. Worksop is playing well all round college pines is dry on fairways and greens aren't very receptive.

Archived