Anyone use "Verified by Visa"

Ive spent 2 separate hours food shopping online..totally wasted...:rant:

Got to the checkout, went to go through the added security at the end..VBV..

Instead of one long box to put my password in, there's 3 little ones?? i don't know how i'm supposed to put it in..:huh:

Ive used VBV many times, the last being the end of July, Ive received nothing telling me anything had changed..

Anyone else use VBV...:)

I'll now have to go walking around bloomin Tesco..:(

When i use my Visa card online at the end of the checkout process I get asked to enter 3 random letters or numbers of my password.

So if my password was sheffieldforum and I got asked to enter the 3rd 5th and 12th characters of my password I would enter e f r click submit and away I go.

i havnt come across that yet, mine has always asked for full password (last used friday), the other half did have that a few weeks ago, left him bamboozled at first, he soon got the hang of it

Yes ive always been asked for full password and so has my daughter (just asked her)..suddenly im being asked to put 3 numbers from my password in :huh:....theres a number at the side of each little box, mine was..1...4....10 i did this, (im not stupid, well not alltogether)..:)

But it wouldnt accept this, telling me to "change password" which i did, then it wouldnt accept my new one...:huh: then went on to time me out...:rant:

So i emptied my shopping basket and b...ered off the site...:loopy:

Yes ive always been asked for full password and so has my daughter (just asked her)..suddenly im being asked to put 3 numbers from my password in :huh:....theres a number at the side of each little box, mine was..1...4....10 i did this, (im not stupid, well not alltogether)..

The last time I had to enter my full password into a verification box was nearly two years ago, ever since I've had to enter 3 random characters from my password.

I think it depends on the originator of your card whether you enter a full password or a selection of letters from it. I've currently got both formats on the passwords for my cards, split depending on which bank sent the cards.

If you get locked out then the answer is to call the number that is given to you at the time, because subject to you giving them the information that they need to verify that it is indeed you using your card, they can get you back into your account almost immediately, so your two hours need not have been wasted.

Archived