Is it wrong to for an adult to kick a dog thats threatening the children?

My child - make sure child is safe first then ? to owner.

If my dog - and it really happened - have put down,except it wouldn't so would probably kick parent in face in retaliation; or **** up in either case and end up in hospital myself.

The entire argument boils down to this. Many people don't recognise canine body language - frankly, why would they if they don't own a dog? - and behaviour which is not actually threatening, might appear to be so.

A dog which intended to attack wouldn't be running round in circles, it would go straight in and attack. But the father can't necessarily be blamed for not knowing that.

I had a staffie that used to run round other dogs in circles then attack them.

The entire argument boils down to this. Many people don't recognise canine body language - frankly, why would they if they don't own a dog? - and behaviour which is not actually threatening, might appear to be so.

A dog which intended to attack wouldn't be running round in circles, it would go straight in and attack. But the father can't necessarily be blamed for not knowing that.

Your absolutely wrong and it shows how little you know about canine behavior yourself !

I put it to yourself that circling prey is exactly what a pack animal does, trying to slip in and attack from the most favorable position, looking for a weakness, in a position that would not get it an injury from the prey.

Have you never seen wolves, coyotes, hyenas, tigers, lions ect ect ect, when they hunt together ?

Look at how bull terriers used to attack bulls that they were baited against.

A dog out with its owner is out with its pack, its alpha male, and it will switch into hunt mode instinctively, this depending on how much it has been domesticated of cause - which is about training them to ignore instinct to a great degree.

If an animal is circling you then I suggest there is a reason why the hair on your neck stands on end, and that's because your own instinct has kicked in and its about survival.

If someone kicked/ hit my dog I would happy accept that it was my fault. Dogs should not be allowed to go up to strange people, some are scared and my dog is large and a bull breed cross so automatically can make people nervous as he is not fluffy :hihi:

If my dog gets kicked it is a failure on my side. As a responsible owner my dog is not allowed go up to other people unless they aproach him or ask to stroke him. This is the same when I take him to the pub, though he would love to approach people for strokes he is not allowed as it keeps him safe.

If someone kicked/ hit my dog I would happy accept that it was my fault. Dogs should not be allowed to go up to strange people, some are scared and my dog is large and a bull breed cross so automatically can make people nervous as he is not fluffy :hihi:

If my dog gets kicked it is a failure on my side. As a responsible owner my dog is not allowed go up to other people unless they aproach him or ask to stroke him. This is the same when I take him to the pub, though he would love to approach people for strokes he is not allowed as it keeps him safe.

Thank you, a dog owner with a level head and perfectly balanced opinion on it.

good post.

My child - make sure child is safe first then ? to owner.

If my dog and it really happened have put down,except it wouldn't so would probably kick parent in face in retaliation; or **** up in either case and end up in hospital myself.

Can you tranaslate please?

Dogs can't be criminals.

Although your defending someone for committing an offence on a defenceless dog.

Is English your second language?

The point that I was making is that some people are more concerned with the perpetrators than the victims. If dogs can't be criminals then why are they put down after attacking someone and the owners fined?

Regarding the bold section, "A defencless dog"? So are we to assume that the dog was toothless.:loopy:

You obviously don't know about dog/pack behavior.

When wolves/wild pack dogs attack a larger prey they circle and look for the vulnerable spot which is often in elks/large deer etc the Hamstring. .

Even Jack Russels nip at cows ankles.

What a refreshingly excellent attitude. If only more dog owners were as sensible and level headed as you are Evei. Good for you!

Personally, I wouldn't have kicked the dog if it was just circling me, however people act in different ways if they're afraid. Maybe this man had been attacked by a dog before so wasn't taking any chances???

The irresponsible owner was to blame.

Archived