Is it wrong to for an adult to kick a dog thats threatening the children?

No its not acceptable to kick a dog in those circumstances, not only that it could also cause the dog to be more aggressive. If its for defence then kick away, mind you a quick poke in the eye with a stick would be better.

...I can't be bothered arguing about it until the OP comes on and explains how the dog was aggressive. ...

The OP is starting to remind me rather of sues_budgie, so I suspect this may all end up being a shaggy dog story...

. . . Its not about the dog here being at fault or the bloke out in the park, its about people out with the dog needing to be responsible and read the signs better and take control of the situation. . .
I disagree - the bloke who kicks a dog in the head when all he has to do is pick up his child and attract the attention of the dog's owner is deeply at fault.

I don't like cigarette smoke. So if I'm outside a pub and some filthy tabber is puffing his carcinogens in my direction, he is the sole cause of the problem - so should I feel it's appropriate to kick him in the head, or move and ask him to blow it the other way?

It's quite easy to tell the difference between a dog being nasty or wanting to play.

Just kicking it because you feel like it is not acceptable.

If it had been my dog, the other guy would have been leaving the park with a bloody nose.

My dog regularly runs up to people and drops his ball for them to throw. He's never threatening, and comes back when called (after he's said hello)

This topic has been done to death for me until the OP comes back to elaborate on it further, I think I have made all the points I can make on the subject without repeating myself.

Like I said if we are talking about the OP situation then it goes on the circumstances and I cant answer for them, all that can be said is there is a time to act and a time to do sod all, and it all goes on whats happening and what you perceive to be happening.

If I perceived anything to be a threat then I personally reserve the right to stick one on it, but you have to show some reservation in your judgment and deal with it as it progresses.

I understand all sides of the argument and if I was ever out with my own dog I would try to keep control but then again I put the time in to make sure he was a well trained dog and it would listen to me without question, I most defiantly was the alpha male in his life and it would have done anything I requested of it, including loose its own life if need had been, the loyalty of him was second to none.

No its not acceptable to kick a dog in those circumstances, not only that it could also cause the dog to be more aggressive. If its for defence then kick away, mind you a quick poke in the eye with a stick would be better.
So while its shaking your toddler like a rag doll you go looking for a stick:loopy:

There should be a special award for replies like yours.

It's quite easy to tell the difference between a dog being nasty or wanting to play.

Just kicking it because you feel like it is not acceptable.

If it had been my dog, the other guy would have been leaving the park with a bloody nose.

My dog regularly runs up to people and drops his ball for them to throw. He's never threatening, and comes back when called (after he's said hello)

And you's no doubt be spending your evening in a cell on two counts.

Archived