Is it wrong to for an adult to kick a dog thats threatening the children?

Playful, snarling. telling jokes, it doesn't matter. If a dog is off it's lead and circling me and my child making my child frightened and owner of dog texting and seemingly not bothered then I would definitely kick the dog. It's entirely the owner's fault.

Exactly, 'the owners' fault, not the dogs. So distract the dog by throwing the ball, then kick the owner in his bits!

Playful, snarling. telling jokes, it doesn't matter. If a dog is off it's lead and circling me and my child making my child frightened and owner of dog texting and seemingly not bothered then I would definitely kick the dog. It's entirely the owner's fault.

Well said, if it had been my child then he better be texting the PDSA.

Exactly, 'the owners' fault, not the dogs. So distract the dog by throwing the ball, then kick the owner in his bits!

No, not my ball or my dog. The dog frightened the child. Who in their right mind would think that the way to treat a dog that's running loose and scaring your child is to throw a ball? The dog deserved the kick and the owner blames no-one but themselves.

Maybe a warning to the dog's owner first may have sufficed, is a park the only place a dog can be off its' lead?

I may be wrong cressida but I think there aren't any parks in Sheffield where dogs can be walked off their lead.

No, not my ball or my dog. The dog frightened the child. Who in their right mind would think that the way to treat a dog that's running loose and scaring your child can be appeased by throwing a ball. The dog deserved the kick and the owner blames no-one but themselves.

The child could be frightened by a large, boisterous but otherwise friendly dog. It will likely be even more frightened at the sight of that dog (and, perhaps, its owner) responding to a violent, painful act committed by its parent.

I suppose my first action would have been to pick up the child, then call over to the owner to get his dog...and a lot depends on the demeanor of the dog doesn't it, you say circling but is that circling barking/growling or wanting to play?

Either way kicking the dog would not have been high on my list of things to do, it could have turned out very differently and ended up with someone being needlessly bitten, and if the dog was just being friendly then it may not have been forgotten either and his temperament could have been ruined forever.

If you are confronted by an exited or aggressive dog,try to resist the urge to pick up a child.This will almost certainly escalate the situation and possibly lead to an attack.Try to remain calm and place yourself between the child and the dog and as a last resort yes you may have to kick the animal.

I may be wrong cressida but I think there aren't any parks in Sheffield where dogs can be walked off their lead.

Yes I thought dogs should always be on their leads, imagine if there had been a bunch of young kids without adults there:(

The child could be frightened by a large, boisterous but otherwise friendly dog. It will likely be even more frightened at the sight of that dog (and, perhaps, its owner) responding to a violent, painful act committed by its parent.

You mean the parent should have sat down and reasoned with the dog? Nature gave us this skill in times of communication breakdowns, it's called violence.

The dog owner should have had the mut on a lead or at least been watching its movement. Would you talk to a dog or perhaps have a chat with the owner if the dog was circling and scaring your cats?

Archived