Is it wrong to for an adult to kick a dog thats threatening the children?

It seems as if some people put the importance of their pets above that of other humans, I cannot comprehend this mode of thinking.

I guess it's cos sometimes other humans aren't worth thinking of - Many people prefer animals as they have no 'side' to them, they're genuine creatures whereas many humans are not...

I guess it's cos sometimes other humans aren't worth thinking of - Many people prefer animals as they have no 'side' to them, they're genuine creatures whereas many humans are not...

Ahh, hurt by another therefore all humans are scum when compared to a pooch. Your viewpoint is biased.

The statement you made, you know the one i emboldened?

That I would call the police on a man who had been shown to be violent in public? Yeah - that makes me insane :) God bless you, though! It's a bit scary that some people think violence is ok, but then I guess it is a hard world out there, and many people don't mind a bit of aggression as they see it around them so often... Perhaps I just mix with people who are a bit more level?

If you feel threatened and that you and your child are in danger you're not going to ask questions. You will defend yourself. ...

Of course defending yourself in a dangerous situation is an appropriate response. Most people are capable of at least a few seconds' worth of assessment of the situation in order to conclude that it is dangerous.

...Had the dog owner perhaps been aware and called the dog back then maybe yes you could argue the dog wasn't under control. According to the OP the owner didn't. ...

Well, clearly the dog wasn't under control, as it was able to bound up to a child and frighten it. In public spaces, where dogs might frighten a child or annoy runners and cyclists, dogs likely to engage in such behaviour should be kept on a lead.

...Would you honestly ask a person coming at you with a weapon to refrain or perhaps ask what their motivation is? Or would you just lamp them one and ask the questions when you don't feel so threatened?

That situation isn't comparable to the one we're discussing.

Ahh, hurt by another therefore all humans are scum when compared to a pooch. Your viewpoint is biased.

Hurt by another? No idea - just that many (obviously not all) people like animals, and can't imagine someone kicking one in the head for next to nothing, and then getting away with it... There are the Bardots of the world who distrust humans so much through experience that they only deal with animals, but others who simply see a honesty in animals rarely found in humans... Why would anyone care more for a violent stranger than their own known, and loved, pet?

Never kept a dog myself - just know plenty who have, and you can see a lot of love in them:) They give people a lot of pleasure...

It seems as if some people put the importance of their pets above that of other humans, I cannot comprehend this mode of thinking.

If you get that from my posts, then you miss my point.

Actually, in a more general context, I would put my cats above some humans; there are some thoroughly unpleasant people out there.

once saw big bloke being attacked by a dog looked like a staffie but bigger when the dog came in for the second bite the man punch it full force on the top of its head the dog went down i think he killed it then he picked it up and threw it over the fence where it had come from. if that had been a child i dread to think

once saw big bloke being attacked by a dog looked like a staffie but bigger when the dog came in for the second bite the man punch it full force on the top of its head the dog went down i think he killed it then he picked it up and threw it over the fence where it had come from. if that had been a child i dread to think

He did right there! A volatile dog that's biting you deserves killing - but it's not really relevant here, as the dog and the man in the OP weren't in the guy you saws situation...

At nowhere in the OP does it say that the dog was snarling, growling, barking or was being agressive.

The fact that a dog comes bounding up and starts walking round child and father in a circle is hardly a reason to kick it in its face. Complete overreaction by the father. The dog most likely wanted to say hello especially if it saw they had a ball or toy of somekind.

If the child was frightened then fine you remove it from the situation but booting the dog for doing nothing more than what it would do natrually is pathetic. Whose to say the dog would not come bounding up and possibly even jump up at child and father if it was on a lead - its hardly unheard of!

I totally agree that the owner should have stopped texting like a moron and come and got the dog but that is still no excuse to kick an animal in the face.

I wonder if that father is an overprotector. The poor child is one of those that gets a bit too much wrapped in cotton wool and never has to see the "nasties" of the real world. He/She/It will no doubt be a wonderful little spoilt darling when they hit teenage.

If you get that from my posts, then you miss my point.

Actually, in a more general context, I would put my cats above some humans; there are some thoroughly unpleasant people out there.

Sorry if you thought I was finger pointing, I was not. I do agree with you that there are some thoroughly unpleasant individuals that are much lower on the scale of importance than animals.

Archived