The Bridge-Ford

AuntieBiz

Been this evening very welcoming, food good even though limited menu until they get an oven again - bonus was seeing Sally ex landlady

Bet the pub is looking a lot better inside now from its refurb.

Re -decoration, new carpets and new furniture should have made a vast improvement. Heard new toilets as well.

Hi. Well folks we made it and opened at six last night. Thanks to everyone that came. And just to update my last post. We are able to do food but it is a limited menu until the kitchen referb is complete. Thanks

Hi. Hope you will all join us on Tuesday night for quiz nite at the bridge inn. Hope to see you all there. Thanks.

To be honest, I liked this place best when it was a 2 room basic country pub. With flagstone floors and no extensions. Where old men met to play dominoes and cards, to share a Woodbine or Gold Flake and to pass the time of day.

Where families would come on a summer's evening and sit in the little garden out the back, with Dad's supping their bitter and Mum's drinking milk stout and the kids popping back and forth from making dams in the stream to suck Jusoda through a straw and snack on ready salted crisps, with little blue sachets of salt in them.

I know - too much nostalgia eh? But I do remember the place when it was like that. And there was a Landlady with a really deep voice who always used to say "Thank You Tar" to everyone. And over the road the little shop selling ice-cream and sweets.

It was part of the Eckington Riviera in those days - the old Costa Del Ford.

I wish the new owners luck by the way. If they put some decent real ale on (and no, I don't mean the stuff from big brewers) I'll pay a visit.

To be honest, I liked this place best when it was a 2 room basic country pub. With flagstone floors and no extensions. Where old men met to play dominoes and cards, to share a Woodbine or Gold Flake and to pass the time of day.

Sounds like the Gate at Troway, just a bit further up... no music, no fruit machines, just conversation ... apart from the smoking though!!

Archived