The Bridge-Ford

AuntieBiz

• 3 weeks later...

Went last Tuesday lunchtime. Lovely meal!! Homemade steak and ale pie, homemade chips. Normal pub food to suit all tastes but with a blackboard menu including rabbit and whole trout this particular week. Roaring log fire, clean and welcoming. Gill and Steve great hosts with a passion to bring The Bridge back to its former glory. Wishing them lots of luck and hoping the dog walkers(seperate room where dogs are wecome) and ramblers see this as an ideal location to start or finish their walk. The toilets have been re-furbished by the way, which has always been a let down (quite a talking point amongst the regulars!). Back on our dog walking route!

Bet the pub is looking a lot better inside now from its refurb.

Re -decoration, new carpets and new furniture should have made a vast improvement. Heard new toilets as well.

Good to hear. We always liked the food and the service, but going to the toilet I always thought "Am I mad? Am I in a coma? Or am I in 1973?" We will be down soon xx

Will be trying this place next week, as not been for a long time

Beer is good, but I was very disappointed with the food, only had fish and chips, but it was the worse I've ever had. I'll try again in a few months once they've had time to settle in and get everything sorted.

Beer is good, but I was very disappointed with the food, only had fish and chips, but it was the worse I've ever had. I'll try again in a few months once they've had time to settle in and get everything sorted.

Hi. Sorry to hear that your meal wasn't good. We did have a problem with the fish. But have since changed supplier and now have it sorted. I hope you will return and try the food again. Thanks.

Who goes to a pub and has fish and chips anyway??? Be more adventurous save the fish and chips for the sea front or at home in paper from a proper fish and chip shop....... Anyway went there with my family for a meal on Sunday and the food was amazing the staff are friendly and very welcoming and cannot do enough to please I was very impressed!! It was worth the visit to the the very pretty blonde who works behind the bar landlords daughter I believe ...... You should go check her out people

Who goes to a pub and has fish and chips anyway??? Be more adventurous save the fish and chips for the sea front or at home in paper from a proper fish and chip shop....... Anyway went there with my family for a meal on Sunday and the food was amazing the staff are friendly and very welcoming and cannot do enough to please I was very impressed!! It was worth the visit to the the very pretty blonde who works behind the bar landlords daughter I believe ...... You should go check her out people

Thank you for your valuable insight, if a kitchen cannot prepare a basic plate of fish and chips, then I'll give the "Adventurous" dishes a very wide berth.

All I ask for from a pub is good beer and decent food, as for your drooling over the barmaid, I think that alone would have put people off their food.

Like I said in my previous post, I'll give them time to settle in and try again, I know its not easy for new landlords, and its a very demanding and difficult job.

I see the landlord's daughter has joined the forum now. :hihi::hihi:

Archived