The Bridge-Ford

AuntieBiz

• 3 weeks later...

:

Hi. Hello to everyone wondering what's happening to the bridge inn at ford. It will reopen on Friday the 23 September 2011. Serving gorgeous good quality meals at a reasonable price. Steve and Gill would like to take this opportunity to welcome customers old and new and hope to bring the pub back to it's former glory.

Glad to see the pub back to its old self, lovely couple I wish then all the luck, I was very nervous to go back in after 8years, but I was made to feel very welcome and so was my mum! We will definatley be visiting more often:)

• 3 weeks later...

I recently went to the Butchers Arms over the hill from there and had an excellent dinner with fresh vegetables. The sweet was something else, cherry crumble with custard and real cherries (not glaced), in fact there was too much and I couldn't finish it. And all at a reasonable price.

PS, the landlord and landlady were very nice

Not been in since the reopening use to be a regular haunt but after Polly? left it went rapidly downhill so just stopped going in.

We ate at the Phoenix last night always a safe bet, but would also be interested in finding out what the Bridge is like now..

I've just ben reading thru some older posts and there is quiet a mixed review about the food. Can't decide if it's people been too picky and just moaning cos they can or whether it's a bit risky goin for a special birthday meal incase they haven't quiet got the kitchen organised yet?? Anyone got an opinion??

I recently went to the Butchers Arms over the hill from there and had an excellent dinner with fresh vegetables. The sweet was something else, cherry crumble with custard and real cherries (not glaced), in fact there was too much and I couldn't finish it. And all at a reasonable price.

PS, the landlord and landlady were very nice

How long have you had the pub now?.

There is another thread on SF stating the Bridge Inn is once again closed, is this true?

I was in on Thursday and there were cars in the car park Saturday night when I drove past.

So unless something happened yesterday I would assume it is open.

Archived