Always Read The Small Print! Holiday Insurance

A friend at work went on his hols to Tenerife,he took holiday insurance out for the trip as you do!.He only had one lung,this he informed them about,whilst on his holiday he collapsed with a blood clot.In the hospital there they induced a coma to stabilise him,he was in a bad way touch and go job,after six weeks he recovered and he was ready for repatriation on a stretcher.Then the trouble started,the insurance refused to pay for the ambulance plane he needed,his wife was distraught but they wouldn,t budge,in the end they had to pay half each it came to a pretty penny.There was some getout clause in the small print they hadn.t spotted ,so get your specs on and check every word these insurance companies are slippery customers.This is not an isolated case another pal of mine is in the middle of a court case for the same thing,BEWARE!:rant::suspect:

I used to work in health insurance and know that the pre-existing condion or anything that can be linked to the pre-existing condition will either not be covered or there will be added cost in premiums to get it covered.

Just because you inform the company doesn't mean that your covered. Always check the small print, I never used to bother but since working for an international company I read everything.

Jeffrey Shaw-Sorry can,t help you there in the second incident the man had a heart attack in the plane at 30thousand ft.His wife and himself were flying home from Bahrain,the plane was diverted to Frankfurt and he was hospitalised,their luggage was stored and broken into anything of value taken.She had to buy warm clothes as it was midwinter,the insurance company were charged for the airport landing and extra fuel,hospitalisation,repatriation,hotel bills and according to my friend refused to settle,hence the suing of them by him.Thats all I know about it,bad news eh!

Archived