Hanrahan's turns American?

ambient

Originally posted by LuckyR

So no one's actualy been there yet people are already writing it off. Defintion of snobbery people!

I walk past it twice a day- the way it looks has already put me off. This is S10 don't forget. We're all snobs round here dontcha know. :)

• 3 weeks later...

we went for our works do last friday.

service was ok (bit grumpy coz we turned up late- totally understandable- i would have been miffed too)

food was really good value- huge portions, and tasty too

drinks- bit pricey

general comfort- good, like the sofas

toilets- very clean, but downstairs.

just watch the floors, theyre a bit slippy as theyve only recently been varnished- or though that could have been the drink- oops! lol

have fun,

sophie

x

Im with fnksymnksy on this one. Went two sundays ago and it was an absolute disgrace. I know its quite new but how the hell do you burn a burger.

They managed it with all three we ordered and I mean charcoal.

Also £10+ for a burger anyway is a joke. If you want American dining go to Uncles Sams on Eccy Rd.

You'll see why its been going 30 years. Cheese and bacon burger I had was best I've ever had.

Bud was £3 a pint on draught, bit steep but after 7 pints did not get the merest sign of a hangover and Im normally something of a lightweight.

I'll definitely go again.

Well where can I start?!!

Turkey with gravy TOMATOES (with gravy??!!!), CORN ON THE COB (with gravy???!!!) and mash potato???

rare steak well done?

well done steak burnt?

gurkin with salmon kebabs?

The food was all very dry and pretty damn aweful, which unfortunately meant I ate little and in turn got very drunk!

It's safe to say I would definately avoid eating there!

As you booked it under one thing and you got another I would think you have reasonable grounds for a full on complaint, and a bit of a refund.

When you booked it, I assume that you thought you were getting a proper Christmas Lunch, not a weird American version?

Ah well, that's yet another Sheffield institution completely down the pan through a faceless corporation who doesn't understand what people want. :(

Archived