How America reports British multiculturalism

I said it was OTT, but its alway interesting to view other nations take on our events.

Though it is not how Americans view the UK, it is video produced by a right wing extremist with a single agenda (as testified to by the other videos uploaded by the same (L)user).

I think you've misunderstood. American society is built upon their Constitution and everyone becoming a citizen of the USA, not continuing to be whatever they were before, in parallel with the mainstream. God bless America. :)

Go tell that to the Native Americans.

This is interesting if alittle OTT. Still its an interesting take on the problems with multiculturalism.

So true, but Americans being behind times are over 50 late seing this happening to Britain, can Britain ever be back to being Britain ? I think it can but I won't see it in my lifetime.

You must have a different understanding of history from me then, as I don't really think that people dropped their culture as soon as they've emigrated to the US and sworn their allegiance to the constitution.

I agree JFK, otherwise there'd be no clubs, or ex pat associations of Irish, English, Jamaican, Italian, Scottish, Mexican, Protestant, Catholic, Jew, Muslim etc etc

Obviously, I do.

It's my understanding that the American society was built in different measures by the British, Germans, Spanish, Russians, Natives Americans, Irish, Italian, French, Chinese, Africans, Latin Americans and any other culture that I've forgotten.

I'm interested in hearing your understanding of American history though.

The Americans I've known are all Americans first and whatever else second. They don't regard 'multiculturism' in the same way we seem to.

I wasn't talking about today in my original post, even though many Americans do seem excercised to explore their family history's back to their ansestors original roots.

can Britain ever be back to being Britain ? I think it can but I won't see it in my lifetime.

Are you dead then, 'cause Britain is still Britain.

Contrary to some of the press, the UK is still in a pretty good way (even with a conservative lead government).

I think you've misunderstood. American society is built upon their Constitution and everyone becoming a citizen of the USA, not continuing to be whatever they were before, in parallel with the mainstream. God bless America. :)

You’ve got it, if I immigrated it would be to get away from Britain, not to take Britain to wherever I went and to expect everyone their to accommodate me and my ways.

So true, but Americans being behind times are over 50 late seing this happening to Britain, can Britain ever be back to being Britain ? I think it can but I won't see it in my lifetime.

thats what they thought in the balkans.

You’ve got it, if I immigrated it would be to get away from Britain, not to take Britain to wherever I went and to expect everyone their to accommodate me and my ways.

But that's precisely what Americans do, it's supposedly the land of the free and freedom of expression :huh:

Archived