How America reports British multiculturalism

Oh god, not another let's bash american thread

Where's this happening then, 'cause it's most certainly not in this thread.

You'd think the op could be a musl;im at this rate.

Anybody would think you was prejudiced.

The Immigrants that have come to the US over the years, not only do they want to become American they follow the American cultures, they didn't move to the US to change it like the Muslims are doing, once an immigrant get his/hers US citizenship (which is not easy or cheap to do) they consider themselves Americans right away...then wherever they came from comes second.

The Immigrants that have come to the US over the years, not only do they want to become American they follow the American cultures, they didn't move to the US to change it like the Muslims are doing, once an immigrant get his/hers US citizenship (which is not easy or cheap to do) they consider themselves Americans right away...then wherever they came from comes second.

..so the Native Americans were all popcorn tossing, burger munching 'soccur' fans when the Europeans arrived Miss Daisy?

Ps: Don't Muslims in America consider themselves Americans first? Are you saying they should renounce their religion and become Christians in order to be proper Americans?

You daren’t even say that over here.

You daren’t even say that over here.

Most immigrants I know who emigrate here most definitely consider themselves British first, many I know are more patriotic and have a better knowledge of British history than the many of the 'indigenous'.

Most immigrants I know who emigrate here most definitely consider themselves British first, many I know are more patriotic and have a better knowledge of British history than the many of the 'indigenous'.

I doubt that's true BF, I equally doubt what Malky and Poppins wrote is true either.

If all Polish immigrants see themselves as Brits now why do we have a Polish centre on London Road?

I doubt that's true BF, I equally doubt what Malky and Poppins wrote is true either.

If all Polish immigrants see themselves as Brits now why do we have a Polish centre on London Road?

you can still be british and proud and be proud of your polish genes.

I don't believe such centres are indicative of any culture not feeling part of the host one.

As I said earlier America probably has a wider selection of ex patriate and foreign clubs associations than any other country, immigrants and their offspring like to maintain some interest in their mother country..there's even an association of Irish police in America, along with many others!

http://www.nhpes.org/

Archived