How America reports British multiculturalism

They're certainly not obsessed with multicultuism the way Britons are or should I say appear to be based on the numerous threads which appear about immigrants, Muslims etc

People here who embrace multiculturism (as Americans seem to do) just get on with it Harleyman, taking the rough with the smooth.

The threads on SF are usually started by people with a negative perspective who can't get on with foreign cultures, I hardly encounter such people in my real life.

Great Britain is a GREAT place :)

I don't think all schools do the pledge, not like they use to, as far as full face covering burkas, I'm sure there are some I've just never seen any myself...then again I don't get out much :D

Need a new driver popps? ;)

Good point.

But that not withstanding, Americans have made a good job of homoginising disparate nationalities into one American nation. Each respect and revere their own heritage but still consider themselves American citizens first and foremost.

Do all American children still have to pledge allegiance to the American flag every morning? (can you imagine that here?)

Also, does anyone know if islamic women wear the full face covering burka in America?

Just wondering.

I dont know if every school still require their students to pledge the oath of allegience. It is still done before meetings at government levels down to local town council meetings.

Schools do not teach any religion though like they do in Britain

People here who embrace multiculturism (as Americans seem to do) just get on with it Harleyman, taking the rough with the smooth.

The threads on SF are usually started by people with a negative perspective who can't get on with foreign cultures, I hardly encounter such people in my real life.

Great Britain is a GREAT place :)

That's the impression I get bf on my occasional trips back there. It's vibrant, colourful and "go ahead" Far removed from the post war depressed somewhat dreary place I grew up in.

Maybe in real life people are too polite to say otherwise, bite their tongue and keep the peace, stiff upper lip.

Maybe they do the same in America, maybe there's life on Mars, maybe Sue Ellen never shot JR....I take people how I find them Malky whatever colour/religion they are, I'm sure some have views that conflict with my own and they keep quiet about them, but there's very little I can do about that so it's pointless speculating about it, nor would I want to.

Archived