Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

RPG

Anybody seen this before?

Its the Film (made by Barry Hines of Kes fame) which shows the lives of 2 sheffield families in the aftermath of a nuclear strike on sheffield

(from IMDB: Documentary style account of a nuclear holocaust and it's affect on the working class city of Sheffield, England; and the eventual long run affects of nuclear war on civilization.)

I can remember seeing Threads in the mid 1970's. It absolutely scared me to death, made even more poignant by the fact that it was shot in Sheffield. I can remember having nightmares for weeks afterwards.

Originally posted by "Mo"

I can remember seeing Threads in the mid 1970's. It absolutely scared me to death, made even more poignant by the fact that it was shot in Sheffield. I can remember having nightmares for weeks afterwards.

dont you mean 1980s? :)

Originally posted by "RPG"

dont you mean 1980s? :)

Yes I do sorry. :oops: The old mind gets confused these days.

• 2 months later...

If this isn't a suitable topic for a thread I don't know what is.

Anybody see/remember the film Threads? It was about the after effects of a nuclear blast over M'cr (no loss there) and was based in Sheffield.

The pub scenes were shot in The Nottingham in Broomhill which was my local at the time. There were lots of location shots based around Sheffield. It's available on video/dvd now so if you get the chance watch it.

OK DaBouncer, see what you've done now, I can't be stopped!

:twisted::twisted:

Archived