Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

RPG

HI, I REMEMBER THIS FILM FROM MY HIGH SCHOOL WHEN WE WERE IN AN ENGLISH LESSON. we all were seated then this warning signal was heard. i certainly had nightmares for weeks. it is one film that always sticks with me. i could never watch it again. this was in the early 1980's. That awful deafening sound of the early warning system sent tears down my face. no never again, i am sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone can help me. Not being from Sheffield I was wondering if there's anyone out there that knows the film could help me identify any of the local people in ot any of the Sheffield locations used? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

They filmed part of it in among the houses being demolished in Owlerton when they were widening the A61. I remember going through on the bus in the morning and seeing the film crews, etc. although we didn't know what they were film was about at the time.

Of course it all looks very different now..........

Archived